If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Invertix 400
Vortex 285
TBS Discovery Endurance
X4 II
Schluter Champion Longranger
G4 E720
G4 E720 Big AIR edition
Goblin Urukay super slow
Goblin 700 KSE Slow
Goblin 700 KSE Fast
Srimok Faifa
Spectra G
Synergy 766
I'm not controlling it, just preventing it from crashing http://mangled-rc.com/
I would love to know the price that they could actually sell these for without excessive profit.
Craig
As I am sure you are aware the manufacturer, in order not to **** off the trade, typically has a slightly higher selling price than the shops when dealing with end users.
Take into account that Mikado sell to a shop and the shop then sells it for £250. Subtract the VAT from that £250 and you see the shop is selling it for £208. The shop has its margin to make and you see that perhaps Mikado sell the unit to the trade at something like £140 to £160.
Its about time they came down to earth, I expect they have lost a lot of sales now there are cheaper and just as capable and in my opinion better fbl systems out there.
protos maxv2 TREX 700e DFC DOMINATOR RC HELI NATION
CITIZEN NO
278
If you want a proper example of over pricing, then my brother told me of a product that his company buys in. They buy it (from china), polish it, and then sell it to a major retailer for 8p each. That retailer then sells them for £8 each. A mere 10000% mark up. That's nothing compared to the mark up on something like perfume.
Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.
If you want a proper example of over pricing, then my brother told me of a product that his company buys in. They buy it (from china), polish it, and then sell it to a major retailer for 8p each. That retailer then sells them for £8 each. A mere 10000% mark up. That's nothing compared to the mark up on something like perfume.
lol you think that is a **** up, what about those people putting some paint on paper and calling it ... <you name it> bill ... you cant event estimate the profits they make ...
Sev
--- Thunder Tiger E700 BD3SX
Trex 700E DFC HV BD3SX (Night Flyer) Trex 450L DFC BD3SX Trex 150 PRO DFC Blade Nano CP X
Blade mCP X v2
Blade 130X
DJI Inspire 1 DJI Phantom 2 iOSDmini
EMAX Nighthawk 280 Pro FPV Racer
EMAX 250 Pro V2 FPV Racer Futaba 18MZ
Phoenix V5, AccuRC, neXt & RX2SIM MK Heli ClubMKMAA
Proud Owner of:
Its about time they came down to earth, I expect they have lost a lot of sales now there are cheaper and just as capable and in my opinion better fbl systems out there.
I personally think the competition on the market has impacted there sales figures.There is a lot of fbl units on the market now.
Good to see V Bar prices being dragged down by more competition,i remember paying £375 for my first Black unit.I still think they are too expensive in todays market and should have Pro as standard with free upgrades to newer revisions.
Of course we all know the actual systems are dirt cheap,its everyones margins that loads the price up so less margin more sales should be the strategy.
Comment