Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending VBar to Mikado for inspection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sending VBar to Mikado for inspection

    What are people's experience with Mikado service department? I've replaced my Life and ESC with a powerjive and today I noticed new >3.5v errors in the logs. Now, these may just be the current not dissipating immediately after disconnecting the battery but I want to be sure, so off it's going. Are they good and efficient? How are comms?

    Whilst on the power subject, am I right to have the master BEC lead going to the throttle channel of the RX, and the slave going to the Vbar main unit?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Planehazza; 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM.
    Harry

    Mikado Logo 700 | VBar Neo | JR HV Servos | Pyro 750-50L | Kontronik Kosmik 160HV + buffer pack|
    Thunder Tiger G4 E720 | CGY760 FBL | BLS272SV + BLS276SV | Align 800MX Dom 440kv | Kontronik PowerJive 120HV + Opti UltraGuard |
    SAB Kraken 580 6S | Spirit FBL | BLS173SV + BLS276SV | HK4025 1100kV | Kontronik Kolibri 140LV + Opti UltraGuard |


    And a pillow for the doghouse...

    Powered by Futaba 18SZ

  • #2
    make 110% its sent recorded and insured, service is very good and turned around in 2 weeks in my experience, 4 times i've sent stuff back.
    Troll buster
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Harry.
      Can't help on your questions, but don't even think about flying like it( not saying you would of course). My Synergy pranged 4 times(before I looked at vbar log duhhhhhhh) due to this message in the logs. You can test it by disconnecting the motor and pitch pumping the servos, it will or should brown out if there is a problem. I sorted mine with a gryphon Quasar BEC and just disconnected the red esc wire. I appreciate having spent all that dosh, you want it to work really!! I'm prolly gonna get shot down here, but it only seems to be a problem peculiar to Vbars?? Heathy was running the same sort of setup as I had on the E5(I bought it off him), apart from the Skookum 540 he had fitted and had no problems at all??? Same servos, 120A LV ESC, 6s the lot, but Vbar didn't like it?? hence the Quasar!!

      I hope you get it sorted, nothing worse than upgrades that don't huh?
      Cheers,
      Andy
      Logo 600 SX
      TT E700
      Synergy 516
      Vcontrol



      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I always run the MASTER lead to the FBL unit and also the slave if there is a spare socket but if not I then run that to the rx.

        I have used Mikado service and it was fine iirc. Dont you need to open a ticket or request a service now or something on the website?
        + 7 x Eddies finest EGS's


        Comment


        • #5
          Let us know how you get on Harry as I have a minivbar that needs to go back
          sigpic


          Rave ENV Nitro
          New Logo 550
          Synergy N5c
          TSA 700E night flier
          I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
          5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

          Comment


          • #6
            I've had three main units replaced by them and never a had a problem.
            Minicopter Diabolo - V Bar v5.3, Kontronik Kosmik 200 and Pyro 750-56 .
            JR Vibe SG E12 Hiroki Ito Edition,Scorpion Tribunus 200A ,4525 Ultimate Motor,Spirit Pro,Full Telemetry,Jeti Rx,JR SL series servos.
            RJX Vector 3D Speed - V Bar v5.3 Pyro750-56 Comp Kontronik Kosmik 200
            T Rex 700N DFC, OS 105HZR, JR HV servo's, Spirit FBL system.
            Miniature Aircraft Furion 6 CGY750 KDE 600XF G3
            T Rex 600N DFC V bar v5.3 & YS60SR
            DJI F550 multicopter coming soon.
            Blade mCPX - now Version 2

            Comment


            • #7
              You have too fill out a service form...think that is what it is called...I think its on the left hand column goto my devices...you will find it...but do not send it without filling it out 1st....
              Heli central...Basildon RC helis...strictly helis only...




              Comment

              Working...
              X