Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 550 belt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logo 550 belt

    Had a bit of an issue today when my belt came off the belt tensioners. Very hard to see as they're hidden inside the frames. Only noticed as I thought the head seemed a little tight once I had landed. Got her home to inspect and the belt tensioners have worn right through the outer rims.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381059632.672138.jpg

    Think I'm gonna upgrade to the Alu-drive pulley now.

    Might be worth checking yours as it could've gone bad real quick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    sigpic
    Raptor G4
    ​TRex 700e

    V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
    Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

    ​2 x EGS


    For Sale:


  • #2
    I've never known that to happen? I had a squeeky one once but that's it & mines had thousands of flights. And I run my belt as tight as I can get it.
    Yes the big sigpic is coming back

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea my belt was tight too Paddy. Bit of a twitchy bum moment but glad no harm done......... Yet
      sigpic
      Raptor G4
      ​TRex 700e

      V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
      Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

      ​2 x EGS


      For Sale:

      Comment


      • #4
        Mate I have a belt and both plastic tensioners from my crash you can have. I think if I had it apart I would fit the Ali ones tho
        sigpic


        Rave ENV Nitro
        New Logo 550
        Synergy N5c
        TSA 700E night flier
        I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
        5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

        Comment


        • #5
          Cheers bud, bonus is I don't have to take the frames apart

          The belt seems ok but it's a little worn on the outside, the teeth are fine.
          sigpic
          Raptor G4
          ​TRex 700e

          V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
          Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

          ​2 x EGS


          For Sale:

          Comment


          • #6
            One of mine went a few weeks ago(Logo 500), mid flight. It doesn't, or didn't, send the heli into a wild spin, luckily. It just makes a god awful whining noise, which makes you land pronto. Must be the "mikado failsafe". Unluckily, I read the manual online, which said to take the entire helicopter to bits, to get at the rollers, which I duly did. Only to find that I could have saved my self a load of aggro and oiked them out with the frame intact . I never know how tight to have the belt, but have real tail issues if it's not "tight". I still get a rattling sound from the belt hitting the inside of the boom when I'm flying, but can't get the belt any tighter without really pulling it!! Hard to tell how tight it is with the rollers so close to the drive gear. Anyone else suffer this rattling?? How tight should it be?
            Cheers,
            Andy
            Logo 600 SX
            TT E700
            Synergy 516
            Vcontrol



            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Andy

              Yea sounds like mine. I can sometimes hear the belt hitting the inside of the boom. My belt is also tight. Had an issue today with the teeth slipping on the auto gear and it's a brand new belt. Torque tubes are sooooooo much easier.
              sigpic
              Raptor G4
              ​TRex 700e

              V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
              Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

              ​2 x EGS


              For Sale:

              Comment


              • #8
                Really?? you get pinging on a 550 boom?? I get it when the belt gets a smidge loose but not when really tight. Oh & to get it as tight as possible I actually put my foot on the frames & pull the tail case hard (boom is pinned as it is prone to move) I also have a little piece of insulation tape under the tail case to prevent that slipping. I have the old plastic tail though. It sounds as though your tight is too loose if it actually slipped on the pully
                Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cheers, I'm glad it's not just me with a rattley tail. I agree on TT, pity there is no conversion kit huh?
                  Andy
                  Logo 600 SX
                  TT E700
                  Synergy 516
                  Vcontrol



                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TT are nice & smooth running but I chose belt everyday. I converted my Gaui 200 back to belt as I thought the TT was a pain in the arse.
                    Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If the belt is tight and you can still hear the belt touching the inside of the boom then double check the boom is straight and seated in the frame properly. Also make sure the tail case isn't skewed.
                      Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't think I can get my belt much tighter by hand paddy. Surely even if the belt was too loose, when I turn the head by hand the belt shouldn't be disengaging from the auto gear? It was almost as if the teeth on the belt were the wrong spacing for the gear. I've stripped it apart today and reversed the belt. It does seem a bit better but I'm not 100% happy.
                        sigpic
                        Raptor G4
                        ​TRex 700e

                        V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
                        Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

                        ​2 x EGS


                        For Sale:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How do you reverse a belt?? Ah you mean flip it over. You've not received in error & fitted a 600 belt have you?? but then afaik the pully is the same part for the 500/550/600 so makes no difference
                          Last edited by p4ddy; 18-10-2013, 07:52 PM.
                          Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
                            How do you reverse a belt??

                            T L E B Numpty
                            sigpic


                            Rave ENV Nitro
                            New Logo 550
                            Synergy N5c
                            TSA 700E night flier
                            I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                            5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just flipped it over to run in the opposite direction if that makes sense
                              sigpic
                              Raptor G4
                              ​TRex 700e

                              V CONTROL - For awesomeness :-)
                              Vbar Neo's with Pro Rescue - Coz I need it :-)

                              ​2 x EGS


                              For Sale:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X