Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP Logo 500se

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP Logo 500se

    Hi all,
    hope someone can help shed some light for me and put my mind at ease
    I have bought,new to me, logo 500se
    It came with a scorpion hk4025-1100kv motor, after googling found specs as 100amp?
    Also 603mm blades.
    Set it up with 10deg pitch and headspeed of 1950rpm, 13t pinion 153 mod .7 main (castle 100a) and found the heli nice but bogging and feeling underpowered and hard on my packs,turnigy blue 30c
    so I've put edge 553's on it and upped pinion to a 17tooth to govern(was ungoverned before) in castle software to 2050-2150-2250 now the esc is getting quite hot around 74deg Celsius? Everything in castle software default,timing normal(5),pwm rate 8khz
    I know scorpions n castles can run hot but id rather it cooler especially for hottish days(if have any) my flying style is extreme hovering lol bit of sport ,flips n rolls but bad collective
    So just wondered what everyone else is doing and what are my best options?
    I like the idea of changing back end to 550 as it already has sx head but don't fancy going 8s or more yet
    Many thanks in advance
    Dan
    BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

  • #2
    Hi there, I have the same spec setup except 16tooth pinion and a yep 100 amp speedo running 2300 and it's just warm after harsh flying , I recommend dropping the pinion tooth count an maybe get rid of the castle , 600 blades are to much on 6s setup for your battery's , 553s are spot on.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes I agree 600mm blades are too much for 6s hence 553s are now on
      Would upping the headspeed up to 2300 help? But I can't drop to 16t and get that headspeed governed with castle?
      Are you governed,and what sort of time are you getting?
      BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes I would up your headspeed as you have the 17tooth you have geared it for a lot higher rpm , mine is governed , 5.30 minutes at 2300 , you'll find it will run more efficient an cooler if your castle isn't working as hard to govern such a low headspeed.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the 550 sx running 553s and with 16t pinion. Idle1 2100 , idle2 2200 , idle 3 2300. Tbh I tend to use 2100 the most and it's very happy on that. Especially if your not pushing it
          sigpic


          Rave ENV Nitro
          New Logo 550
          Synergy N5c
          TSA 700E night flier
          I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
          5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

          Comment


          • #6
            17tooth is what castle asked for to get 2150? Max I think was 2330?
            I did run idle 2 for a flight (2250) 4:20min with 45% left in battery, esc if anything felt tiny bit hotter? Bit will try 2300
            Or get a 16tooth to get 2100 as milly says it feels nice how long a flight do you get milly?
            By the way my motor isn't the new hk3 if there is any difference?
            BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

            Comment


            • #7
              I run 2100 in idle 1 , idle 2 2300 an yes it is nice at 2100, I would drop your pinion an no as it's not hk3 will not make a difference but it shouldn't be hot at that.

              Comment


              • #8
                [QUOTE=danep;1064405]Or get a 16tooth to get 2100 as milly says it feels nice how long a flight do you get milly?/QUOTE]


                I set my timer for 4.40 which @ 2300 leaves between 25-30% in my packs so I could fly longer on 2100 but never do.
                sigpic


                Rave ENV Nitro
                New Logo 550
                Synergy N5c
                TSA 700E night flier
                I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                Comment


                • #9
                  With a 16tooth I will be limited to 2120rpm governed?Seems im right inbetween pinions 16 n 17 And Mikado pinions are expensive
                  I'm confused now (doesn't take much lol) so what do you normal fly time n headspeed wise?
                  What esc U running milly? Kontronics?
                  Id like 5mins at 2100-2200 ish but don't think possible at mo lol especially without spending out more
                  BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes I'm running a 100 lv konny. Throttle curves are. 55% 2100 60% 2200 65% 2300. I would prolly get 5 min easy @ 2100
                    sigpic


                    Rave ENV Nitro
                    New Logo 550
                    Synergy N5c
                    TSA 700E night flier
                    I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                    5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Doh I couldn't afford konny and already had a castle
                      Seems the logo doesn't like castle lol
                      would a 16 make much of a difference with the heat?
                      BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lol if it was me I would try both pinions and see how the esc and headspeed feel. Headspeed calculators are one thing actually flying is another and we all have different styles
                        sigpic


                        Rave ENV Nitro
                        New Logo 550
                        Synergy N5c
                        TSA 700E night flier
                        I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                        5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Get a yep 100 amp £33 delivered governed at 2100 on 16tooth , you'll love it an it won't get hot at all!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks milly will save for a 16tooth lol
                            Would you try the 17tooth closer to max headspeed,2300, see if that helps with heat plus cheaper option first just worried that if I throw it about abit(U never know lol)it will over heat
                            BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Raving Jim View Post
                              Get a yep 100 amp £33 delivered governed at 2100 on 16tooth , you'll love it an it won't get hot at all!
                              thats an option but cant afford at mo even £33 I've already spent too much lol
                              BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X