Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kasama uk back up for sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    A pic of my Dune from a trip to Spain in 2015.

    Attached Files
    Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
    Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
    Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

    member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
    Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

    Comment


    • #17
      Here's a repost from 2013.


      Had a quick go tonight, weather cleared up sun came out. Really nice conditions, low rpm lazy flying plus a few mins of higher speed just about when the filming stopped!! Much better vid and only used 2600mah for just under 7 minutes, Srimoks are quite remarkable :-)



      MJ

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by maj View Post
        Here's a repost from 2013.


        Had a quick go tonight, weather cleared up sun came out. Really nice conditions, low rpm lazy flying plus a few mins of higher speed just about when the filming stopped!! Much better vid and only used 2600mah for just under 7 minutes, Srimoks are quite remarkable :-)

        MJ
        Thanks Michael! They're incredibly efficient machines.

        My Faifa is geared for 2,100rpm, runs 14s 3700mah packs with a Kosmik and 750 motor. If I fly smooth 3D at 1,700rpm I can get 9 minute flights. Though if you abuse it, you can empty the pack in just over 4 minutes.

        Bit hard to see from the video, but that canopy is still alive!

        Attached Files
        Kasama UK | Bavarian Demon

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by wadders248 View Post
          Well in the spirit of #KeepRCHelisAlive and being a long time Kasama owner, myself and a friend are in the process of purchasing the Kasama stock.

          I've been involved with Kasama UK since it started and it's my company that built and maintains kasama.co.uk, so hopefully once we get everything worked out we should be back in business ASAP.

          Good to see people still posting regarding Kasama and with some effort on our part we can keep it going.

          Regards,

          Paul
          So why is it all on eBay??
          Yes the big sigpic is coming back

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
            So why is it all on eBay??
            The person who bought and then re-sold it needs to remove the listings!
            Kasama UK | Bavarian Demon

            Comment


            • #21
              The business looks to be up for sale with all the spares but now the models are being sold as airframes.

              Or at least that's what I read on the new Ebay advert I could be wrong.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by theonlygk View Post
                The business looks to be up for sale with all the spares but now the models are being sold as airframes.

                Or at least that's what I read on the new Ebay advert I could be wrong.
                Nothing is for sale on eBay now... see post #11 on the previous page!
                Kasama UK | Bavarian Demon

                Comment


                • #23
                  I had a Dune 600 and it was easily the best heli I've ever built regarding quality. I'm pretty sure I did a build log on here actually.
                  ps Good Luck Wadders with the company, I would like to have another but I'm purely scale now.
                  Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
                  GraupnerMZ24 PRO





                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The Fiafa was my first ever 700 electric. Lovely machine. I didn't like the crown gear setup though, as it was prone to stripping.

                    I have to to be honest though, I think your flogging a dead horse with this one. By the looks of the Kasama website, they don't even look as though they are still manufacturing?
                    James
                    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
                    SEMAS Flying Club

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by KnifeEdge View Post
                      The Fiafa was my first ever 700 electric. Lovely machine. I didn't like the crown gear setup though, as it was prone to stripping.

                      I have to to be honest though, I think your flogging a dead horse with this one. By the looks of the Kasama website, they don't even look as though they are still manufacturing?
                      Kasama is still going and has had a new model in development for some time now but he spent some time working on a military project that I'm guessing paid better than helis.

                      There were two optional crown gears around that cured the stripping, one was a tougher plastic / nylon or something and the other was metal. One thing that was also discovered is that sometimes the stripping was caused by too much pitch range on the tail and limiting the travel a bit is the solution (there is a crazy amount of pitch range available, way more than you normally need but it's useful for running lower headspeeds). Not everyone had a problem with the stock gear.
                      Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
                      Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
                      Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

                      member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
                      Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        You're possibly right about flogging the old dead horse James, though we've got a good amount of stock and there's still stock availability for the existing models in Thailand.

                        Luckily the new metal crown gear totally eliminates gear stripping. I run 116mm tails on my Faifa and you can piro back and forth without any problems on hard stops.

                        Originally posted by KnifeEdge View Post
                        The Fiafa was my first ever 700 electric. Lovely machine. I didn't like the crown gear setup though, as it was prone to stripping.

                        I have to to be honest though, I think your flogging a dead horse with this one. By the looks of the Kasama website, they don't even look as though they are still manufacturing?
                        Kasama UK | Bavarian Demon

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Good luck with being the new KASAMA stockist
                          Thunder Tiger Raptor E820 - KDE 700XF 395 - YEP 180A - Futaba HV 272/274SV - Bavarian Demon 3SX - SAB 800mm - 6.6V LiFE
                          Blade 450X - Stock AR7200 Beast X
                          DX8 - AR8000 + Sat & TM1000 Telemetry

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hope all goes well with your new venture
                            I have 2 srimoks ! Great heli quality is above all else
                            let everyone know when your up and running ?
                            Think I need a few bits and bobs

                            good luck Tom

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X