Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever seen one of these?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody ever seen one of these?

    Align....Henseilet 50 Helicopter Not T Rex 600 Or 700 | eBay

    It seems to be some sort of 50/600 size TDR type thing but with a single stage drive. Is it worth a punt do you recon?
    MSH Protos Max V2. Vbar Neo, Cyclone 715, zeal, talon 120
    MSH Protos 500 FBL. VX1e, Zeal 480
    Trex 150. In one piece and flying well........for now!!
    Futaba 14sg



    http://www.oxonhelicollective.org.uk

    sigpic

  • #2
    Nope never seen one and I would not pay £250 for it .

    Comment


    • #3
      He reckons it needs main blades, Tx & a gyro. I reckon a few servos might help too!!
      Guy

      Logo 600 SX VBar - Velocity N2 FBL BeastX - TRex 600 FBL BeastX - TRex 450 Pro - Gaui 200 - Blade 130X

      And an E.G.S!


      Comment


      • #4
        It's a 3DMP. You can see the design trend to get the distance between the top bearing and the headblock as short as possible, direct to swash servo setup etc that eventually led to the TDR.

        I never heard much about them so you'd have to dig up old threads on RR or HF. I have no idea what it's worth but that one doesn't look too clean, prob not worth £250.
        Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
        Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
        Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

        member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
        Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

        Comment


        • #5
          I think i'll probably leave it. I've wanted a TDR for ages hence how I came accross this. I'm not sure it would scratch the TDR itch! Besides, i've just bought a Mostro and even more recently upgraded the motor/esc!
          MSH Protos Max V2. Vbar Neo, Cyclone 715, zeal, talon 120
          MSH Protos 500 FBL. VX1e, Zeal 480
          Trex 150. In one piece and flying well........for now!!
          Futaba 14sg



          http://www.oxonhelicollective.org.uk

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, one potential issue is the inrunner motor as that reduces the options considerably to change it unless someone has made a mount adaptor for outrunners. The TDR is really a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts in that it all just comes together but it's hard to pinpoint any one thing that makes it special.


            Originally posted by gazmk2 View Post
            I think i'll probably leave it. I've wanted a TDR for ages hence how I came accross this. I'm not sure it would scratch the TDR itch! Besides, i've just bought a Mostro and even more recently upgraded the motor/esc!
            Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
            Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
            Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

            member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
            Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

            Comment


            • #7
              maj sold a nearly new real tdr, for not much more. most of stuff on flee bay is old tat. that the unsuspected modeller will get caught for in the hunt for think i got a bargain!
              Santander Factory Team

              Proud wearer of 5 x EGS

              Comment


              • #8
                As Trillian said its the original 3DMP, that was sold around 12 years ago. If I remember rightly it came after the 3DNT and was a 50sized model which options for electric or nitro, I have only ever seen the electric version.

                As all henseilet helis it was a solid machine, I still know someone who has one.

                The particular example on ebay, looks tried and overpriced.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just got me reminiscing about my older helicopters, the 3DNT was probably the best model helicopter I owned along with the Robbe Mill 2. It ran on 0% Nitro and had loads of power

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I saw that TDR for sale here not so long back but sadly by the time I was ready to buy it had sold! I was in the mood for something a bit special, the trex is a great helicopter that taught almost everything I know but I really fancied something "nice". I went looking for a TDR but ended up finding a mostro for sale on here. I'm glad I bought it as it turned out to be a really nice bit of kit, it feels like its designer really had a passion for engineering and model helicopters! (a bit like Jan Henseleit!)

                    If a TDR was to come up for sale i'd buy it in a heartbeat but for the time being the mostro is doing very well! I fly a protos 500 and a compass warp so as you probably tell I have a thing for non mainstream design helicopters!
                    MSH Protos Max V2. Vbar Neo, Cyclone 715, zeal, talon 120
                    MSH Protos 500 FBL. VX1e, Zeal 480
                    Trex 150. In one piece and flying well........for now!!
                    Futaba 14sg



                    http://www.oxonhelicollective.org.uk

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I also had a fascination with the TDR from when I first saw them. I started getting into the Kasamas with the Dune and the Faifa but I was always wondering how they compare to the TDR. Then I got a minicopter Triabolo, so at that point I kinda felt I probably had something that flies similar but when a very nice 2009 model TDR came up for sale I just had to get it to satisfy my curiousity.

                      Although the Triabolo looks the most similar it's the Faifa that flies the closest in subjective 'feel'. My Faifa has the lower headblock and shaft and I did some rough comparisons in dimensions and they're both almost identical in weight, height etc. The TDR tail is slightly longer. Obviously the design and layout of the two is totally different but I think the mass distribution is very similar so any differences in flight are down to the rotorhead, servo geometry, how rigid they are etc. If I was being practical I don't really 'need' both but they're great and they're different and fly about as good as I can imagine really.
                      Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
                      Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
                      Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

                      member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
                      Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The guy cant even spell 'thanks' . Good luck to whoever has to deal with him!
                        Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
                        JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

                        Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

                        Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
                        And the proud wearer of one

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by djandyling View Post
                          Just got me reminiscing about my older helicopters, the 3DNT was probably the best model helicopter I owned along with the Robbe Mill 2. It ran on 0% Nitro and had loads of power
                          I Loved the Robbe Milli 2 and Futura SE! I still have a nitro Dyna-X and my Futura is engineless at the moment as I sold the OS70 that was in it and never got round to putting something else in there. I had the Futura so dialed-in for F3C, I could almost do something resembling proper hovering moves, it was incredibly stable.
                          Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
                          Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
                          Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

                          member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
                          Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi all of You.

                            The Henseleit 3D MP came in several configurations. As far as I know, as Nitro and electric and also in two sizes, .50 and .90.
                            In .50 size there was both flybar version and flybarless version. And also a version with a .90 Nitro engine.
                            In .90 size there was both flybar and flybarless versions and was powered by .90 Nitro engine or electric motor.

                            I have one Nitro 3D MP and one Electric 3D MP that I have made my own flybarless conversion. In fact it was very easy to make that conversion. I shortened the existing Flybar and repaced the mixing arms from flybar to bladeholder. And made my own servomount for all servos to the swashplate. That was a little bit moore difficult. But it works great and the servos fit inside the canopy without interfearing the canopy.



                            From John Eriksson in Sweden.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X