Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday present 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Birthday present 130x

    Hi everybody it is my birthday tomorrow and my wife has promised to take me out and buy me a new 130x, what a treasure she is. What I need to know is what spares do I need to buy with it? I am bound to stuff it into the ground so what are the most common parts that break ?. Regards Tom.

  • #2
    Re: Birthday present 130x

    C & D gear sets, invest in metal A gear, that's all off the top of my head ;-)

    Goblin 500
    | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
    Spektrum DX8


    GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Happy birthday!

      I would get a main gear, main shaft, feather shaft, push rods (servo to swash), tail boom, landing skid, and maybe main grips. You will get some spares with it but all of these will be enough for a while. If you screw something up just hit throttle hold and as long as you fly over grass 9 out of 10 it will survive.
      Happy Flying.
      Compass 7HV, Beastx
      T-rex 600 EFL Pro
      , BeastX.
      ElyQ 50 Comp XE, BeastX.
      T-rex 450 Pro DFC, MSH Brain.
      Blade 130X stock.
      550 quad, Multiwii fc.
      Aurora9, DX6i, 6EX, FF8.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd stick with the original A gear for a while. It's easy to replace and saves the others. You will need the orange things from RC-Hero to stop the shakes.

        130X Silicone O-Ring Kit

        Sorry out of stock. Preorder now...

        Lots of other upgrades. Only the A gear has been a problem for me.
        Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
        Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
        Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
        Phoenix Sim

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cjcj1949 View Post
          I'd stick with the original A gear for a while. It's easy to replace and saves the others.
          I just replaced mine because it worn out. I dont like the idea to have metal dust on the servo board caused metal on metal wear. Can short it so went with the plastic one.
          Compass 7HV, Beastx
          T-rex 600 EFL Pro
          , BeastX.
          ElyQ 50 Comp XE, BeastX.
          T-rex 450 Pro DFC, MSH Brain.
          Blade 130X stock.
          550 quad, Multiwii fc.
          Aurora9, DX6i, 6EX, FF8.

          Comment


          • #6
            Birthday present 130x

            Get a metal tail pitch slider as your most worth while upgrade, the stock one flaps about like a Morris Dancers Handkerchief!

            Stock bearings (tail in particular) are made of cheese, so get a set of those too. Metal A gear as others have said and probably more important than all of the above GET A HEAP OF LIPOS AND FLY THE SNOT OUT OF IT!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Birthday present 130x

              Just a bunch of both tail gears is all youll need
              Goblin T600E pro T550 T500 T450 Pro

              All ModelGuard protected

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by franky975 View Post
                I just replaced mine because it worn out. I dont like the idea to have metal dust on the servo board caused metal on metal wear. Can short it so went with the plastic one.
                Me too. Might be possible to cover the servo, or it might overheat.
                Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dreamchaser View Post
                  Hi everybody it is my birthday tomorrow and my wife has promised to take me out and buy me a new 130x, what a treasure she is. What I need to know is what spares do I need to buy with it? I am bound to stuff it into the ground so what are the most common parts that break ?. Regards Tom.
                  Congratulations on the 130X and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tom. It is also my son Simons (who you met at the Nats) Birthday today. I bought him a 450X for his 40th Birthday.
                  Been there and done that, but never stop learning.
                  Now too many Helis to mention?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just been to Steve Webb models and came away with a new 130x at a very reasonable £134, plus some spare batteries and bits now if it stops raining I will go and see what damage I can do to it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Decent price, there are a couple of popular sites who will do them at that price. Makes you wonder how some places can try and charge 165+!

                      I had a go with one yesterday and even in a breeze it flew fine. I will look to get one come payday!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X