Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get a carbon tail push rod ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where to get a carbon tail push rod ?

    I've upgraded to a DS35 with an extreme mount but haven't flown with it yet so don't know if its one of these 'dodgy' ones that I read all about on other forums. Does anyone know where I can buy a carbon pushrod with boom support? Ideally I'd like to buy the rod and ends separately so I can replace them if they break.

  • #2
    Hi Storrm, not sure if you have sorted this yet but.....
    I have just done this mod a week ago and used length of 1mm carbon rod to make a pushrod.
    1) just measure the total length of your original push rod, then cut the carbon rod to a length that will be your new pushrod.
    2) cut each end off the original wire rod with enough length to overlap your carbon rod at each end.
    3) bind the wire ends with cotton thread onto your measured length of carbon rod but keeping the to the original measurement you made of the total pushrod length .
    3) lightly epoxy the binding on both ends of the new pushrod.
    I used the small disk horn on the DS35, just ensure you center the servo before fitting the disk. The pushrod wire will fit through the hole on the disk with out drilling.
    I actually had the extreme boom support so was able to just file the slot a little deeper and open the slot slightly to accept the new carbon pushrod.
    I have reset my rudder gain to +6, there is a very slight wag in IU now and then but, mostly the tail is fine and holds very well. hope this helps...
    Last edited by berley114; 20-05-2013, 11:14 PM.
    Brain Goblin 380. Brain Goblin 500 sport. Spirit Trex550e DFC. (BeastX Trex450Pro, BeastX Trex550e DFC... in Thailand)
    Brain Oxy 2, Nano CP X BL.
    neXt-Heli, DX9. DX6 G2. PL8 + Coolice 2400W PSU.

    Comment

    Working...
    X