I've just bought the Extreme hardened steel bevel gear set and the B gear is rubbing on the frame. The rear of the gear doesn't appear long enough which causes it to sit to close to the frame. I don't have any shims this small to change the spacing but I was wondering if anyone else had had the same issue with this 'upgrade'

Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Anyone used the Extreme A/B Gears?
Collapse
X
-
looks a good downgrade however have you got the torque tube in the correct way around, long flat end towards the frontCurrent Fleet,
T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU
sigpic
-
Anyone used the Extreme A/B Gears?
Tried it both ways to be sure. No difference. It rubs on the inside of the frame. Just had a couple of screws shear in a brand new extreme ds35 servo holder as well. Think I will be staying away from Extreme in the future as their upgrades seem to either be poorly designed or made of cheese
Comment
-
Same here, had a bad experience ref some of these downgrades, got terrible wag now, I will be upgrading back to the original stock items.Current Fleet,
T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU
sigpic
Comment
-
That design looks bizarre! I do have their tail box and pitch slider and has been great so far. Seems to be a problem though with lots of upgrades for the 130x from all the offerings out there. Either too sloppy or make things like vibrations worse
the microheli tail upgrades are the worst I've used
Comment
-
This may be a weird q but you do have the little bearing still in place behind where the gear goes?
i use these gears with no issues or rubbing and without shims.
Another thought is I wonder if a tiny thin o ring behind it would do the trick.1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly
Comment
-
Anyone used the Extreme A/B Gears?
Sorry for responding late. Been away. Yes, the bearing is sitting behind where it should be. I'll try the o ring trick and see if that helps. I can see a few others using these upgrades so I'm confused why its binding in mine. Thinking about upgrading the frame anyway so I can stick an 8000 in it, so that may fix the issue anyway
Comment

Comment