Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade 130x or Mcpx BL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blade 130x or Mcpx BL

    Ok hopefully better weather will soon be with us ,so my attention turns to a new park flyer to hone my skills with when i do not club fly.I have a mcpx v2 which has been fantastic but just felt was pushing it to hard recently and just blowing out on me all the time but taught me inverted flight and lots more besides.So do i buy a brushless version or 130 x,can u crash the 130 and get away with it most of time like the mcpx, and presume the bl mcpx is much the same in that respect?.I am at 3d stage really tick tocks,loops inverted circuits etc any opions really usefull regds Jon

  • #2
    Out of the two, the 130 flies more like a larger heli. I've only just got my Mcpx BL, and whilst its fun, I think the tail is quite poor compared to the 130x. If you want a 3D practice machine, I would vote for the 130, but obviously it will not take as much punishment as the Mcpx.
    Cheers,
    Simon
    --------------------------------------------
    Trex 700N & E
    Futaba 18mz and some planks !!

    x 2

    Comment


    • #3
      130X for me!
      Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
      http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
      Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
      Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


      Comment


      • #4
        Mine survives better than a 450. Flying over grass is a good idea. Flies very much like a 450 flybarred. 450s don't survive crashes.
        Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
        Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
        Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
        Phoenix Sim

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got a 130 X and I love it, its taken a lot of punishment so I'd say it crashes well. I would say that the crashes feel like they've caught up with it lately as the tail is not doing as well as it once was but, I'm hoping a few spares and upgrades should get it back good again. Before I started having trouble with the tail the only parts I'd needed to replace with crashes has been skids but I'm hoping that when the weather warms up abit this won't be so often, I think the cold weather makes the plastic quite brittle
          Logo 500
          450 Pro DFC
          Blade 130X
          Nano CP X

          Comment


          • #6
            Blade 130x or Mcpx BL

            130x for me and I love it but it does need care and attention following a crash to make it fly like it came just out of the box. Being a smaller Heli trying to find the cause of a vibration can be a real PITA but once fixed, it flies on rails and is fantastic if learning 3D. Things will break when you crash hard but they would in any Heli really, but throttle-hold crashes are pretty forgiving

            Comment


            • #7
              130X is great if you crash there will be need of repairs. The BL mcpX is just a front end power house. The tail wags and will still kick out and the quality is very poor. Mine had split boom and a warped main shaft from box and still has some vibes as it has tail wag. 130X flew great out of box upgrades will be needed as you bump her such as the A gear first, then the C gear also the boom but these are cheap and easy to replace. My only complaint is how difficult it is to change the front servo!
              Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
              Goosky S1
              DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

              Comment


              • #8
                My MCPX BL will be for sale soon, I've had enough with it, its really powerfull I just wish i got a 130x for 3D practice. The tail will kick out when doing wall stops, attempted tic tocks which it was rock solid when doing but i did lose a lot of height but that was down to me.
                Overall it depends, fast circuits, inverted simple stuff the mcpx bl is good for it. It crashes well too!
                Lotsa quads nd fpv stuff on a:
                Futaba T8J

                Comment


                • #9
                  I agree with previous posters. I love my 130. I am still at the hovering (and crashing) stage. I had a bit of tail wagging early on after a few crashes but upgraded tail pitch slider and tail blade grips sorted that out. It flies really well now. I agree that it does fly similarly to a flybarred 450. I have one of those too.
                  Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
                  Foamy plank
                  icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
                  Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok cheers peeps thats great comments there,looks like a Blade 130x it is then just have to convince the barclay card i want one

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Si_B View Post
                      Out of the two, the 130 flies more like a larger heli. I've only just got my Mcpx BL, and whilst its fun, I think the tail is quite poor compared to the 130x. If you want a 3D practice machine, I would vote for the 130, but obviously it will not take as much punishment as the Mcpx.
                      Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The power of the mcpx/BL is bonkers! It's got so much power for a heli its size that punch outs are ballistic! But, the variable pitch tail of the 130X just gives it so much better tail hold.

                      But, the 130x is slightly (only very slightly mind) heavier and bigger. It's certainly more complex with the TT and variable pitch tail rotor, so crashes are bound to affect it more.

                      That said, I've crashed my 130X at high speed from altitude a number of times, and just picked it up and gone flying again! Conversely, I've also landed it gently in long grass, and stripped the tail gears!

                      So long therefore as you're aware of the nature of TT tails - I would say the 130X is the better flyer, but the mcpx/BL, due to its simpler construction is more durable.
                      Tom
                      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                      .... and a Gaui X3
                      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                      ... and two EGS'



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure that the 130-X can be improved. There is a lot wrong with it, but compared with anything else it is amazing. I'm still amazed that something so small and convenient can fly like a much bigger heli. Crashes do catch up with helis though, and after a while a new one will be needed.
                        Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                        Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                        Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                        Phoenix Sim

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X