Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail Gears

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tail Gears

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket seller/maker of the plastic tail gears?

    Reason for asking is that I am going to replace the touque drive gear with a metal one and keep the tail shaft gear plastic as a failsafe, I don't like the idea of have both gears metal as something has to give in a crash.

    I would rather not buy the eflite gears as they come in packs of 4, 2 x large, 2 x small, after a while I will end up with a box full of large plastic gears.

    Cheers,

    Fred

  • #2
    What I do on mine, is run 1 metal and one plastic. So for example run the small gear plastic and then the metal larger gear, once I crash generally the plastic one is ruined, I then swap it when I rebuild so I use the small metal gear and then the large plastic one. Meaning a standard pack of E-Flite/Blade gears last twice as long! Happy Days!

    Plus the standard gear sets are only £2.81
    Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
    http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
    Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
    Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kylelnsn View Post
      What I do on mine, is run 1 metal and one plastic. So for example run the small gear plastic and then the metal larger gear, once I crash generally the plastic one is ruined, I then swap it when I rebuild so I use the small metal gear and then the large plastic one. Meaning a standard pack of E-Flite/Blade gears last twice as long! Happy Days!

      Plus the standard gear sets are only £2.81
      Stupid me, I never thought of that

      Comment


      • #4
        Ive put both the metal gears on the tail. Since the only part that keeps breaking is the landing gear, which is a whole lot easier to replace than the tail gears bit more expensive though
        Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
        Goosky S1
        DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

        Comment

        Working...
        X