Hi
I just bought a fusuno canopy, it looks great but it wont fit the canopy mounts. The holes are way too small. They were filled with the paint work so I used a cocktail stick to remove that, then I gently tried to fit one side and the fibre glass paint job started to crack all around the hole length ways so I stopped!
I find this really disappointing as its not a cheap canopy and there's a lot of hype about these upgrade canopies. Sure they look great! But they have to fit without trashing the paint job, cant just leave it on the shelf as it looks good like a piece of art either, it needs to be practical as well!
I'm really not sure how to go further with it as the holes would need to be drilled to make them bigger and may as well get them big enough to add rubber grommets as they don't have any! Just got a horrible feeling that it will completely trash the paint job around the hole
All well back to the drawing board, may have to stick with the stock ones after all! I have another coming too from fastlads might just send that one back if I cant get it to fit with out cracking the paint job. Have contacted Fusuno, lets see what they say!
Thought this might be helpful if your ever thinking of getting one!
I just bought a fusuno canopy, it looks great but it wont fit the canopy mounts. The holes are way too small. They were filled with the paint work so I used a cocktail stick to remove that, then I gently tried to fit one side and the fibre glass paint job started to crack all around the hole length ways so I stopped!
I find this really disappointing as its not a cheap canopy and there's a lot of hype about these upgrade canopies. Sure they look great! But they have to fit without trashing the paint job, cant just leave it on the shelf as it looks good like a piece of art either, it needs to be practical as well!
I'm really not sure how to go further with it as the holes would need to be drilled to make them bigger and may as well get them big enough to add rubber grommets as they don't have any! Just got a horrible feeling that it will completely trash the paint job around the hole
All well back to the drawing board, may have to stick with the stock ones after all! I have another coming too from fastlads might just send that one back if I cant get it to fit with out cracking the paint job. Have contacted Fusuno, lets see what they say!
Thought this might be helpful if your ever thinking of getting one!



just when you thought the rant was over someone has to fuel the fire...


Comment