Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Bevel gear failure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Front Bevel gear failure

    Hi,

    I'm pretty much a novice pilot but to be fair have not had too many heavy landings.
    I have now replaced the front bevel gears 3 times due to them wearing out, I think its when the tail sits in longer grass.
    I was wondering what upgrades are available to try and prevent the failure of these parts and if anyone has tried and tested them, also after a new tail fin.
    Any suggestions on shops for spares also appreciated

    Thanks
    Darren

  • #2
    Invest in the metal bevel gear & don't look back

    Check the Lynx tail fin in carbon, very nice indeed

    Midland Heli, Fast Lads, Revolution Models & RC Hero are to name but a few

    Dan

    Goblin 500
    | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
    Spektrum DX8


    GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      The lynx tail has broken on me several times now..
      +1 on the metal gears inc the rear tail gears.
      1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

      Comment


      • #4
        Think you jinxed me. My 130x tried to "land" at high speed in a tree earlier today resulting in one stripped 'A' bevel gear and one broken tail fin.

        I've got the Metal 'A' gear replacement just need to fit it. Any consensus on best tail fin? Stock or a CF bling part?

        Comment

        Working...
        X