Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on feather spindle please

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice on feather spindle please

    Hello, so the time has come where I need to replace the feather spindle on my 130X, I have seen 3 possibilities and hoped to gain some advice from others experience. I see lynx do a carbon steel and a titanium one. Also Xtreme do a hardened steel one that is cheap as chips!. Is titanium harder? Will it be less likely to bend? Im thinking that the titanium is meant to be tougher, but don't want to pay out if it bends just as easily as the steel ones and the lynx carbon steel is the same price as their titanium one. so any ideas and advice on which to go for and why much appreciated
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

  • #2
    Titanium harder material, lighter, prone to shearing
    Hardened steel, very hard, but brittle
    High carbon steel is probably the same as Blade fitted to it from new

    Why fit an aftermarket spindle anyway?? Not really a tuning aid. Stop crashing = less need for spindles
    Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
    Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


    Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

    Collector of SAB Goblins

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KevDavies View Post
      Titanium harder material, lighter, prone to shearing
      Hardened steel, very hard, but brittle
      High carbon steel is probably the same as Blade fitted to it from new

      Why fit an aftermarket spindle anyway?? Not really a tuning aid. Stop crashing = less need for spindles
      well thanks for that, helpful up to the point of not crashing ha ha was doing great today doing circuits then bam NT and down I went lol snapped another landing gear up, cracked and chipped my canopy and bent feather spindle but still managed to fly my 4 batteries and loved the experience. we all have to learn sometime and that's exactly what I'm doing. After market spindle will be for extra strength and durability, while learning my collection of bent feather spindles once learned to remind me to be humble and not condescending to up and coming aspiring new pilots and remember that when learning crashes happen, that's why blade made the 130X to keep our expenses down while learning and companies like Lynx and Xtreme came along to help keep parts lasting longer But which parts??? Im thinking the titanium, but the value of the Xtreme really appeals...
      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
      Goosky S1
      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

      Comment


      • #4
        I know where ya coming from with crashing being part of learning, hell I did plenty of it. I just fail to see the need for an uprated spindle. All you are doing is moving a designed failure pint and moving it elsewhere. Yes you may stop bending spindles but the trade off may be you smash blade grips which cost even more!!

        Seriously just stick standard ones in and save your money
        Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
        Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


        Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

        Collector of SAB Goblins

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok thanks for that! Sounds good advice to me :-) the only problem is that the extreme one is only £2.75 instead of the blade one at £5.63! Mmmmm might have to give the cheap one a try at least ;-)
          Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
          Goosky S1
          DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

          Comment

          Working...
          X