Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x AUTO-ROTATES!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x AUTO-ROTATES!!!

    I've been trying for a while to see if I could get to do a proper autorotation on my 130X. I've got the Xtreme OWB for the 130X, ie. this ..

    Xtreme Productions Auto Rotation Gear Set 130X B130X08

    ... but everyone up until now has told me that the 130X doesn't have enough inertia in its blades to properly auto-rotate (ie. from around 150feet or so ... not "mini autos" from 2 feet). Well today - I've proved 'em wrong. With a (very mild) headwind, from around 100-150ft, I made my 5th or 6th attempt at auto-ing my 130X.

    This time, I kept the nose up a bit as had been recommended to me, and lo-and-behold, IT WORKED!

    And I don't mean it slowed down a bit and just about landed on it's skids, when I flared (at about 3 feet), the damn thing climbed again about another 2 foot - then fell!

    So, it landed in a heap - but I don't care - it flared! - PROPERLY! My skills were lacking, but that's me.

    ..... gonna practice more now, and see if I can get one on video!
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'




  • #2
    Cool!! I could never get my 250 to auto properly, but im crap at autos!! LOL

    Keep it up Tom!
    Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
    Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


    Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

    Collector of SAB Goblins

    Comment


    • #3
      Ta By the way, I used bullet blades to put as much weight into the disc as possible, and stock 300mah LIPOs to keep the heli as light as possible. Just amazed how well it worked! As it came down, you could actually hear the blades increasing their speed as the heli moved through the air ....

      Completely stoked about it! Can you tell?
      Tom
      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
      .... and a Gaui X3
      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
      ... and two EGS'



      Comment


      • #4
        130x AUTO-ROTATES!!!

        And then you woke up covered in sweat after dreaming a blade Heli actually worked.
        sigpic
        7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
        6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
        Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
        HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
        WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
        Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by heathy View Post
          And then you woke up covered in sweat after dreaming a blade Heli actually worked.
          HAHA! You can take the p*** all you like mate! I've got such a grin on my face I don't mind

          The little thing auto-ed, and did it well! ... Top little heli!
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #6
            Well done,brave to try,great to succeed.
            Logo 550 sx spirit
            Trex 500 spirit
            Trex 450 v bar
            Blade 180cfx
            Dx9
            Cellpro PL6
            coolice PSU

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 130x AUTO-ROTATES!!!

              Now go do it with the Goblin Tom i reckon you will need new under crackers before you even start mate . Grahams just jealous cause he cant control the sheer power & perfection of a blade 130x
              Rob .


              Thunder Tiger X50 Nitro V.Bar . T.Rex 500 Fu.Bar . T.Rex 450 Fly Bar . Blade 130x . Pheonix . Realflight . Seb Art Pitts Python . Seb Art Katana 30 . E.Flite Ultimate 20-300
              . Spectrum DX6i & Futaba 8FG Super & SimStick for Futaba . SWRCH .

              Comment


              • #8
                Haha brilliant, The only reason I can see that smaller helis wont auto is that the friction or the mechanisms is proportionally larger compared to the energy in the blades. Surely the rest scales though? It has less energy but then requires less to fly anyway. I have had some practice autos on my 450 but haven't committed to landing any because everyone keeps saying it wont work. Looking forward to a video but certainly going to give 450 flyers more confidence to try them.
                Marcus


                Trex 450 Pro DFC
                Trex 550 DFC
                DX8 Pheonix flight Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  A 450 won't auto? Don't know who's telling you that ...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffAl4SmpqA
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybuICrU4s0Q
                  Tom
                  sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                  SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                  - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                  Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                  Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                  .... and a Gaui X3
                  Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                  ... and two EGS'



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Everyone I have spoken tells me they wont, my 450 pro spins for ever spooling down, its so smooth. Charging batteries now, hopefully will have a try again later.
                    Marcus


                    Trex 450 Pro DFC
                    Trex 550 DFC
                    DX8 Pheonix flight Sim

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice one Tom,now do it with a bigger heli

                      450s will auto no prob,you get one chance to get it right,any little mistake and it's 'rabbit earsssss'
                      T- rex 600n V-bar
                      Logo 550sx V-bar
                      Logo 600sx V-bar
                      Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                      VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sp4rky-m4rky View Post
                        Everyone I have spoken tells me they wont, my 450 pro spins for ever spooling down, its so smooth. Charging batteries now, hopefully will have a try again later.
                        Watch Berts towards the end of that vid I linked - he does it really sweet on a 450X. But as Nick B says, you get one shot at it!
                        Tom
                        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                        .... and a Gaui X3
                        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                        ... and two EGS'



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          130x AUTO-ROTATES!!!

                          You only get 1 shot at any auto numptys
                          sigpic
                          7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                          6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                          Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                          HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                          WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                          Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by heathy View Post
                            You only get 1 shot at any auto numptys
                            At getting the pitch right for the perfect flare.

                            You will understand when you start doing them:lurk5:
                            T- rex 600n V-bar
                            Logo 550sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think you can really auto anything that has a one way bearing...

                              It becomes a question of how much margin for error you have. On a 700 or 600 Autos are relatively easy and even if you stuff it up a bit you can probably rescue the situation if you react correctly.

                              The smaller you go the less room for error and the more "perfect" it has to be. The nice thing about trying them on the 130X is that if you are flying over grass then it really makes no difference how badly you mess up lol.
                              Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                              sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X