My 130X has been fine at last and had some good flights untill today the gremlins have struck again .I had 2 good flights today with no problems untill I went to take of for my 3rd flight and it did not want to take of as soon as you opened the throttle it just tips over ,all the servos are working fine and I can not find any thing wrong with it but I did notice the swash plate lean over to the left when I throttleup hence it tipping over on take off but what is wrong is a mystery to me , anyone have any idear whats wrong with it .
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
130x tips over on take off
Collapse
X
-
It's a known issue - but I've never heard of it developing on a previously OK model. The vid below shows my orig model which had this problem. If it's the same, the problem bizarrely only exhibits on take off. Once in the air, it flies OK, so you have several options ;-
1/. Pop it into the air quickly before it tips
2/. Try to subtrim the problem away (there is stuff on the web about this, you can google it)
3/. Send it back to HH, who should be able to fix it.
Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
-
Personally, I sent mine back to HH and got it fixed, but you can use subtrims as a workaround ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7W7CbLGnMTom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
When you refer to the asx board I take it that is the main board ( £59 ouch! ) so if I get a new main board and I hope it is just a case of take the old one out and replace it with a new board it should be Ok again ??I will not have to calibrate it set it up just rebind the new board to my tranny and wait for the next thing to go wrong on my 130X
Comment
-
Yes, the AS3X is the main 3-in-1 board. Personally, I'd send it back to HH first. It'll cost you ~£6-£9 postage there. They'll either fix it for free, or charge you for the replacement board if they suspect the damage is due to crashes.
Generally speaking, I've found them very good, and everything I've sent back has been fixed FOC. I've been pretty honest with them mind and where the damage is my own fault - I'll noted that to them. However, the last thing I sent back (my mcpx) I fully admitted the damage was due to excessive crashing, and they fixed it FOC anyway!
People may bash the quality of their products, but I've yet to hear one discenting voice about their customer support.Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
You can talk to HH about it and say you've discussed it on heliaddicts and you've been told the main board needs recalibrating. It should get done under guarantee unless there is physical damage to the board. The main board works by sensing how much the heli is rotating in each of the three axes. This comes from a sensor that can change with age. The normal calibration process that happens every time you switch on measures the output while the heli is not rotating and it is this process that isn't working with your tx output. With some trim or subtrim it can be fixed, but it is a fault that HH should fix. The real fault is probably the software saying that it had calibrated when it hasn't. Perhaps there should be a firmware upgrade?Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
Phoenix Sim
Comment
-
email!? sheesh.
PHONE THEM! They're good on things like this ...
Telephone;
44 (0) 1279 641097Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment

Comment