Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I like the Blade 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why I like the Blade 130x

    I like the Blade 130X because ... You can flip it inverted after forgetting to change to "idle up" mode, crashing upside down in the process ...



    .... then just pick it up, dust it off, and go flying again ....

    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'




  • #2
    I like mine too. I wish they included a spare gear wheel that drives the tail in with the other tailgear spares or sold them in bulk. It looks like a metal part until the teeth go and you take it out. A metal gear seems a bit hairy with the exposed pcb so close.
    Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
    Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
    Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
    Phoenix Sim

    Comment


    • #3
      Why I like the Blade 130x

      You mean the A gear on the main shaft? Yes, stock that's plastic but you can get a metal upgrade. The clearance to the fet on the front servo is pretty thin, but so long as you can feed a bit of paper through then you shouldn't have a problem. If you can't then plastic or metal will make no difference - they'll both burn out the fet!

      If you haven't got any clearance to the front servo, and the gear is rubbing, you need to get it sorted before the servo goes....
      Tom
      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
      .... and a Gaui X3
      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
      ... and two EGS'



      Comment


      • #4
        No, I meant the circuit board is exposed and if you use a metal gear, metal bits could short out the board, unless it's been conformaly coated. I've got good clearance, something I checked after reading the 130-X posts. I think the 130-X size has a great future with some better design. It's a good heli for a first attempt though. Why is it called the A gear?
        Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
        Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
        Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
        Phoenix Sim

        Comment


        • #5
          First in line of 4 I guess... A, B, C, D just to make it easy talking about them, which due to their performance or lack of it there has been a lot of it done... Ha ha ha
          Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
          Goosky S1
          DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

          Comment


          • #6
            It just started at the common nomenclature. A through to D for the TT gears ...
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment

            Working...
            X