Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail blow out :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tail blow out :(

    So today my 130X came back from HH was a lovely day so had to go and fly

    1st battery gentle hover and orientations all well no tail wag no vibes timer set to 4 mins and a perfect gentle landing.

    2nd battery start some basic circuits figure of 8's after 2 minutes the tail started kicking out managed to regain control and started to return to land, then a series of tail blow outs caused me to loose orientation at about 10 feet off the ground so I hit TH and had a forced landing Cost me my canopy as the corner of the main board smashed through

    So what the hell happened! ??? Id understand it if Id had a few crashes prehand or if I was doing really hard 3D but its a really calm warm day and really gentle circuits!

    I used a 3rd battery and now I have a slight vibe in the tail! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and the tail held in basic piros and gentle circuits! Im really getting fed up with blade helis! Im sure Ill get over it as wot else is there to fly in this size class on a dx8... Still love my nanos, but my BLmcpX wags like a fish out the box have put 3 batteries through it and now its boxed up again waiting until I can be bothered to experiment with the gain control from the tx. These helis arent cheap 135 for the 130X same again for the BL mcpX yet they seem like seconds or just not well thought out! Feels just like a scam to make a load of money on spare parts caused by faulty parts in the first place

    I dont really want ot fly bigger helis at the moment I have a 450X but going by Blades track record im sure I will have loads of trouble with that so its still in its box!

    Any ideas what can cause the tail to blow out like this?

    Dont really want to have to get a DS35 and new servo mount from MH or Lynx but looks like it might be my next upgrade for this heli!

    What to do? Go fishing instead?
    Last edited by Bhujang; 05-03-2013, 02:24 PM.
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

  • #2
    My 130X had a problem with the tail blowing out when I tried to push it a bit hard on turns etc but it was fine in the hover but if you open the throttle the tail would blow out then return to normal. It turn out to be the new metal c gear had worn and was spinning on the torque rod if you gave it a burst of throttle, put the plastic stock C and D gears back on and all is fine again. Not sure about these metal C and D gears, I think I stay with the plastic C and D grears

    Comment


    • #3
      This was with the plastic gears... It was the C gear already turning on the TT. Now I've gone all metal :-) C & D and it holds fine :-) my bitch n rant is over and I'm in love with blade helis again :-) 130X flies sweet with the new metal C & D gears. Just waiting for my BL MCpX to come back from HH now... :-) must admit the HH service and after care is great :-)
      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
      Goosky S1
      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

      Comment


      • #4
        I have just replaced my C gear for the second time. I will shortly buy a metal one but keep the plastic D gear as a weak link on the basis that it is probably the easiest to replace.
        Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
        Foamy plank
        icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
        Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

        Comment

        Working...
        X