Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snapped cyclics...... poss fix

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • snapped cyclics...... poss fix

    Broke both my cyclic servos after heavy crash. On inspection they had snapped the threaded bolt flush with the top of the case meaning threaded bold and cog fell out the bottom. A common fault so I'm told.
    anyway I decided to take cog off the cyclic motor and put it back on upside down, this then held the threaded bolt up. Had 15 plus flights so far and it all works as it should.not saying its a perminant fix but it will keep you flying until new cyclics arrive.
    If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style



  • #2
    I cant quite visualise what you mean, any pics?
    T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
    T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
    AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
    DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
    Pheonix v5.

    Comment


    • #3
      snapped cyclics...... poss fix

      Sounds like an interesting fix ( just had the same problem ). Unfortunately for me, a few days too late! My replacement servo arrived yesterday from quick uk.
      Tom
      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
      .... and a Gaui X3
      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
      ... and two EGS'



      Comment


      • #4
        Try and simplify it, once threaded bar has snapped remove pinion from motor, push threaded bar back into case, put moto pinion back on but up the other way, and push it up as far as it will go, job done.
        If you look closer at pinion gear you will see its not cut the whole length, it has a shoulder around it and by putting pinion on upside down its this shoulder that holds threaded bar up.

        Tom if you still have your old cyclic try it, and report back, maybe you can explain better?.
        If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


        Comment


        • #5
          snapped cyclics...... poss fix

          I snapped the nut off the top of one of my servos today but still not sure I follow what you mean. If I pull the gear off flip it over and put it back on then it is still free at the top of the servo as the bolt is missing. I am guessing I need a whole new servo?
          Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

          Comment


          • #6
            Yep if you take motor cog off flip it over and put it back on it will hold bolt in place, put a little CA glue on the motor cog and your good to go, this isn't a perminant fix but it will keep you flying until new one arrives I will put up pics in a mo.
            If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


            Comment


            • #7
              heres the pics like i said its only a short term fix but saying that i flew it for over a wk not 3d as not that clever

              anyway your cyclic looks like this???



              slide motor cog off



              push threaded bar back up and push motor cog back on BUT upside down, push it up as far as it will go holding the threaded bar and cog up....



              now apply some CA glue to motor shaft and cog not threaded bar cog tho for obvious reasons...



              job done..... give it a go you will be surprised how well this works...
              If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


              Comment


              • #8
                snapped cyclics...... poss fix

                Ah very clever. The ridge on the motor gear cog should stop the cyclic gear from slipping off.
                Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yep you got it buddy, like I said not a perminant fix but it means you can still get in the air while your waiting for new cyclic, I must have put 20+ packs thru mine and it was still working when I replaced it.
                  anyway hope it works well for you too
                  If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X