Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are aftermarket tail blades balanced better? Metal swash better and other upgrades?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are aftermarket tail blades balanced better? Metal swash better and other upgrades?

    Right I decided to stick with my 130x instead of selling and getting an MCPX BL.

    I've got a 10% off voucher I've not used at Midlands so will get some more Optipowers so I have plenty of batteries

    But I was thinking of ordering a couple of upgrades. Seems like a tail pitch slider is a good bet, but looking on MH website they don't do the Lynx one. Is it worth getting that elsewhere or are the MH ones as good? I notice they're out of the o-rings too so as that seems to be a common mod. Are the aftermarket tail blades better balanced than the standard ones?

    Having looked over the heli last night I noticed the swash has slop in it too, is this normal or worth swapping out? I didn't notice the MCPX metal swash made any difference but wondered on the 130x ones.

    Looked at the flange bearings too, might stick better ones in as mine have a lot of play in after a short time.
    Pete

    Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
    Lynx Heli Team Pilot

    Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

  • #2
    More batteries never hurts, the o ring mod is a good one but cheap enough i'm not sure i'd wait for it to take advantage of the 10%, a tail slider is a must i think, i've just replaced my tail bearings as they had gone bad after approx 50 flights.

    Maybe consider the tail servo upgrade, that will by next move i think
    T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
    T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
    AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
    DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
    Pheonix v5.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PeteStewardson View Post
      Right I decided to stick with my 130x instead of selling and getting an MCPX BL.

      I've got a 10% off voucher I've not used at Midlands so will get some more Optipowers so I have plenty of batteries

      But I was thinking of ordering a couple of upgrades. Seems like a tail pitch slider is a good bet, but looking on MH website they don't do the Lynx one. Is it worth getting that elsewhere or are the MH ones as good? I notice they're out of the o-rings too so as that seems to be a common mod. Are the aftermarket tail blades better balanced than the standard ones?

      Having looked over the heli last night I noticed the swash has slop in it too, is this normal or worth swapping out? I didn't notice the MCPX metal swash made any difference but wondered on the 130x ones.

      Looked at the flange bearings too, might stick better ones in as mine have a lot of play in after a short time.

      Pete,
      If you want any o rings let me know as I bought a load & have some spare & you can have em for free, I'll check my 130x & make up a mini kit for you if you want

      Dan

      Goblin 500
      | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
      Spektrum DX8


      GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

      Comment


      • #4
        Also I'm running the Rakonheli slider & it's nice & smooth, also running the LH swash which feels less sloppy & also the main & tail grips (these are mainly for bling)

        Dan

        Goblin 500
        | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
        Spektrum DX8


        GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

        Comment


        • #5
          Just use canopy grommits as they come out of the spares bag...the orange ones are better quality rubber but on there own don't really dial out all of the slop.Lynx pitch slider is a better fit than the micro heli version.

          Not had a set of tails that have not needed any cellotape as of yet....the stock ones are not very strong though.

          Swash plate not really critical tbh,unless it has developed slop.

          Im a fan of the lynx upgrades myself.
          T- rex 600n V-bar
          Logo 550sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nick B View Post
            Just use canopy grommits as they come out of the spares bag...the orange ones are better quality rubber but on there own don't really dial out all of the slop.Lynx pitch slider is a better fit than the micro heli version.

            Not had a set of tails that have not needed any cellotape as of yet....the stock ones are not very strong though.

            Swash plate not really critical tbh,unless it has developed slop.

            Im a fan of the lynx upgrades myself.
            Got to second Nick's comments re Lynx heli stuff, quality is excellent & easy to fit

            Goblin 500
            | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
            Spektrum DX8


            GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

            Comment


            • #7
              looks like RC-hero has the lnyx heli slider, but only in red, silver out of stock... Will have to work out the costs as it might work out cheaper to buy stuff from one place without the 10% to get the lynx slider, 2 lots of postage would negate the savings.

              Took it out again today. Bit of sub-trim and the tail doesn't drift anymore, but still get vibes. I'm thinking that I need to swap the slider, those tail shaft bearings, and balance the blades to sort it out.

              Oh and I need some serious stick time... My flying is crap, was barely able to fly 8's never mind real circuits. Not flown for months really though so not surprising.
              Last edited by PeteStewardson; 28-01-2013, 12:55 PM.
              Pete

              Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
              Lynx Heli Team Pilot

              Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
                Maybe consider the tail servo upgrade, that will by next move i think
                There is a tail servo upgrade? What is the upgrade and is it meant to make a big difference?
                Current: Gaui X5 FES (Spartan Vortex) : Trex 450 Pro DFC (BeastX) : Blade 130X : Blade mCPX : Blade Nano CPX
                Sim: Phoenix v4
                TX: 14sg : DX7s

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by danch View Post
                  Pete,
                  If you want any o rings let me know as I bought a load & have some spare & you can have em for free, I'll check my 130x & make up a mini kit for you if you want

                  Dan
                  That would be awesome mate

                  Originally posted by Nick B View Post
                  Just use canopy grommits as they come out of the spares bag...the orange ones are better quality rubber but on there own don't really dial out all of the slop.Lynx pitch slider is a better fit than the micro heli version.

                  Not had a set of tails that have not needed any cellotape as of yet....the stock ones are not very strong though.

                  Swash plate not really critical tbh,unless it has developed slop.

                  Im a fan of the lynx upgrades myself.
                  OK looks like Lynx is the way to go as after searching these seem most popular.

                  My 130X needs TLC, the main blades aren't even properly straight, the tail slider is sloppy, and I think the swash has slop in it, but I'm not sure if that's how it was as new. It's not been flown much and I feel I need to replace bits, but it's still cheaper to crash than my other helis
                  Pete

                  Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                  Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                  Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aamacgregor View Post
                    There is a tail servo upgrade? What is the upgrade and is it meant to make a big difference?
                    Yup, you can get a DS35 Tail Servo & upgraded Alu holder & swap them out, supposed to be excellent see comments here : http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/e-flit...ell-worth.html

                    Dan

                    Goblin 500
                    | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                    Spektrum DX8


                    GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PeteStewardson View Post
                      That would be awesome mate
                      Drop me your address by PM & I'll get them sent out asap

                      Dan

                      Goblin 500
                      | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                      Spektrum DX8


                      GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A friend of mine bought one and he made a mould of the main gear, then cast a few new gears out of ear wax... he reckons they're much stronger!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not had a single issue with the main gear, I did chip some teeth off the A gear once but the replacement has been fine. Will probably stick the metal one in there whilst upgrading the tail.
                          Pete

                          Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                          Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                          Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by danch View Post
                            Yup, you can get a DS35 Tail Servo & upgraded Alu holder & swap them out, supposed to be excellent see comments here : http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/e-flit...ell-worth.html

                            Dan
                            Thanks Dan, I've now just added it to my growing upgrade list.
                            Current: Gaui X5 FES (Spartan Vortex) : Trex 450 Pro DFC (BeastX) : Blade 130X : Blade mCPX : Blade Nano CPX
                            Sim: Phoenix v4
                            TX: 14sg : DX7s

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aamacgregor View Post
                              Thanks Dan, I've now just added it to my growing upgrade list.
                              Lol it's been added to mine also

                              Goblin 500
                              | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                              Spektrum DX8


                              GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X