Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP 3 Upgrades for Blade 130X

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TOP 3 Upgrades for Blade 130X

    Looking to buy a 130X, I am not one for upgrading so I want to keep upgrades to a minimum,

    Solid shaft
    Tail pitch slider
    A Gear? can't find link for it.

    Sounds about right?
    Current Fleet,
    T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
    Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
    Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


    sigpic

  • #2
    O ring mod makes a big difference.

    Here's the link to the A gear : Blade 130X Optional Metal Bevel Gears [BLH3735]

    T
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #3
      I'd say.

      - RCHERO 'O' rings
      - Metal A Gear
      - Metal tail pitch slider

      Personally I'd say there's no need to upgrade the main shaft, I never had the carbon one break ... That being said .. I have the Lynx Titanium one

      Comment


      • #4
        As above.

        The only upgrades I'm running are the metal A gear (plastic one strips), microheli pitch slider (original wears out), and the O rings to remove the slop.

        The O rings made the biggest difference by far to how it flies.
        Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
        Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          1. o rings
          2. metal tail pitch slider ( im using extreme productions no problems so far)
          3. ds35 tail servo, easy install and setup. holds well in fast backwards inverted loops, also holds in windy conditions much better.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giles View Post
            3. ds35 tail servo, easy install and setup. holds well in fast backwards inverted loops, also holds in windy conditions much better.
            That's next on my list, but only when my tail servo either fails, or the tail stops holding.
            Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
            Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              The same as the majority, tail pitch slider, metal A gear, O Rings
              T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
              T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
              AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
              DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
              Pheonix v5.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by giles View Post
                1. o rings
                2. metal tail pitch slider ( im using extreme productions no problems so far)
                3. ds35 tail servo, easy install and setup. holds well in fast backwards inverted loops, also holds in windy conditions much better.

                +1 on that list!
                Align Trex 500 DFC head (all align servos with Beast X)
                HK450GT (with align DFC head and Beast X)
                Blade 130x, MCPX (v1 brushless, tail mod) & MSR
                Spectrum DX6i

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SamS View Post
                  I'd say.

                  - RCHERO 'O' rings
                  - Metal A Gear
                  - Metal tail pitch slider

                  Personally I'd say there's no need to upgrade the main shaft, I never had the carbon one break ... That being said .. I have the Lynx Titanium one
                  +1 on all 3 I used the lynx tail pitch slider
                  Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                  Goosky S1
                  DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Its hard to narrow it down to just 3! If you find you want more oomph then in addition to o-rings I'd say Spin 8000 motor and a carbon torque rod.
                    nCPxbl|nCPxdbl|mCPx|mCPxbldfc|T150dfc|130Xdfc|180cfx|B400dfc|T600ESPdfc|T700Ndfc|G700dfc|DX9|PL8|BLHeli

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      O rings are standard fitting..........well they are on mine
                      T-Rex 600N Pro x 2 - T-Rex 600N Sport - Rappy 50 - Hughes scale (Rappy 50) - Hughes scale (Century 50)
                      Jet Ranger scale (GH 61) - Mini Titan - mCPx - A "few" canopies
                      www.Cano-Fx.co.uk
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by buckers View Post
                        O rings are standard fitting..........well they are on mine
                        Yeah, but the O rings from rc-hero or oringsandmore are much thicker than the stock ones and reduce a lot of slop. The shortcomings of the stock ones are most noticeable under extreme pitch conditions when you get a cyclic "shudder". The upgraded O rings fix this ...
                        Tom
                        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                        .... and a Gaui X3
                        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                        ... and two EGS'



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Canopy grommits do the same thing;-)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tom. Yours was shuddering with them Sunday. The only upgrade I would buy is a bin bag
                            Last edited by heathy; 22-01-2013, 11:53 PM.
                            sigpic
                            7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                            6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                            Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                            HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                            WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                            Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TOP 3 Upgrades for Blade 130X

                              Toms was just cold Graham . Yours was shuddering with fear just before you stomped it to death
                              Rob .


                              Thunder Tiger X50 Nitro V.Bar . T.Rex 500 Fu.Bar . T.Rex 450 Fly Bar . Blade 130x . Pheonix . Realflight . Seb Art Pitts Python . Seb Art Katana 30 . E.Flite Ultimate 20-300
                              . Spectrum DX6i & Futaba 8FG Super & SimStick for Futaba . SWRCH .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X