Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130 X is a expensive helicopter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130 X is a expensive helicopter

    Post removed
    Last edited by Moron; 09-02-2013, 04:47 PM.

  • #2
    Welcome to RC Helicopters.

    If you don't like spending money get out quick before its too late and you purchase a 90 size.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by busterboy View Post
      Welcome to RC Helicopters.

      If you don't like spending money get out quick before its too late and you purchase a 90 size.
      lol so true, its a black hole of expensivness
      Sab Goblin 500

      Comment


      • #4
        LOL Tim.

        Mines got plenty of upgrades and its been fine for over 300 flights except for crash damage.

        Can't take it with you when your time comes so just enjoy it.
        T- rex 600n V-bar
        Logo 550sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

        VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moron View Post
          Is it just me or are other people finding the 130X very expensive to maintain. I am always haveing to relace something or other on my Blade 130X, striped gears, bits breaking off, bearing need replaceing etc and that not includeing any crash damage.I have now upgraded the pitch slider ,tail grips swashplate etc ,I wish I had done that when I first brought the Blade 130X , it will cost you a lot at first when you upgrade all the parts but I think overal it is cheaper in the long run ,instead of buying all those stock parts that just kept on braking or wearing out.I have just brought a Blade 300X , I hope the Blade 300X is not the same with the cost of maintaining it ???
          It's all relative. I've probably spent about £80 on mine - and that includes a completely un-necessary Fusuno canopy. I've replaced countless torque tube C gears, but they're £2.50 for a pack of two. I've crashed it countless times as I use it to learn on. On a price-per-crash estimate therefore, I would guess that it's costing me (on average), less than a fiver per crash. I also fly it far more than my bigger birds because I can fly it in the garden.

          In contrast, my first 450 crash cost around £50. My first (and only so far!) 500 crash cost ~£100. A battery for a 130X costs about a fiver. A battery for a 500 costs about £30 for a cheap one.

          So, in short, no. I think the 130x is a pretty cheap heli to maintain!

          (Upgrades/fixes I've done (excluding vanity canopy) - O ring mod. New (stock) swashplate, New RKH tail slider, New (stock) tail servo, RKH canopy mounts, (several) landing skids, 3x tail fins, countless C gears. Metal A gear, Xtreme one-way bearing + alu main shaft.)
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #6
            Expensive!!!! you should crash a velocity 90 or a Trex700 a few times, average cost probably £300 a go, now that is starting to get a bit expensive

            Comment


            • #7
              I think it's cheap, mines not broken anything that's not been due to crash damage yet, anything bigger would have cost me a fortune by now...
              T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
              T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
              AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
              DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
              Pheonix v5.

              Comment


              • #8
                The expense goes up with size. I've gone for a 130-X because of the expense of a 450. The smaller helis like the msr, msr-x go about 20 crashes before a repair and a repair is about £5. A new heli is £50. The 450s need a repair every crash and cost about £20. Every crash with every heli causes some damage and it eventually catches up with you as unreliability. Things do wear out as well, but you do not have to crash. Fly carefully and do all the maintenance and checking and your heli will last a long time, until you fall asleep with the boredom. Phoenix is a good way to practice though and if you can't do it on phoenix you probably won't in real life, but it probably will be fun trying.
                Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  It’s cheaper than crashing anything bigger for sure but it is annoying when the quality of the product lets you down during flight which causes crashes e.g. gears, servos or tail. Always happens to me when I’ve got free time and weather is good; my warm up heli 130x is down in the street and costing me money before i even hit the field for the day.
                  Paz

                  Goblin Black Nitro
                  Goblin 380
                  Oxy 2
                  Vcontrol

                  Leicester Heli Flyers Club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Crashed my 130x over 50 times easy with minor damage to canopy, still serviceable and flew great until today. Now smoke coming out of rudder servo and elevator servo is stuck with the sound of a motor whirring. After a quick phone call to horizon though they have requested I send them the Heli so may all get fixed for free. Upgrades are tempting for this bird but apart from the pitch slider I haven't fitted anything else to mine..............yet. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, Ian.
                    [/SIGPIC]Goblin 700 vbar blueline, spektrum Hv servos|Goblin 570 Red/Yellow, mini vbar pro, BK's|Goblin 500 red, mini vbar pro, scorpion 4020 1100kv, jive 100+,BK's |Goblin 380, xnova 2820, mini vbar, yge 90, quick connect|Trex 450 pro 7200bx & RJX fbl head|130x|ncpx|DX9| BMFA Member|

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      One of the cheapest heli's to fix, as mentioned before there is a direct correlation in repair costs to heli size.

                      Honestly if you do think it's dear then maybe the hobby is not for you as when you crash the 300x is will be more expensive

                      Goblin 500
                      | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                      Spektrum DX8


                      GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think it may seem expensive but when you take into account how much flight time your getting out of it you realise it's not too bad
                        TREX 700E DFC SK540

                        TREX 550E AR7200BX

                        Logo 400SE SK540

                        Check Out My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pocoyo2212?feature=mhee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think the 130-X is very good value for money. Much of the implementation is done at the lowest possible cost, but you are getting a high performance small heli that flies like a 450, is more survivable and can be flown indoors. Flown over grass it should survive most crashes from normal mode. Inverted crashes with the motor running will not be so good. It costs not much more than a flybarless rx. It's not that long ago that electric helis were not possible.
                          Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                          Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                          Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                          Phoenix Sim

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by busterboy View Post
                            Welcome to RC Helicopters.

                            If you don't like spending money get out quick before its too late and you purchase a 90 size.
                            Dont I know it lol





                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The 130X can be a time consuming and expensive little bugger to maintain, but in all honesty, I have learnt so much with it that I think it is well worth the money spent...

                              I have a 450 and a 500 T-Rex and so far, haven't had any crashes with them (apart from a few topple overs when first learning to hover the 450, couple of main shafts etc). I am sure the repairs bill would have been much higher if I hadn't practiced to death with the 130X..

                              From experience I have to say that many of the 'upgrades' are unnecessary, with the exception of a solid main shaft and metal tail pitch slider, often some of the upgrade parts are worse than the stock items and cause vibrations and other problems.

                              If my 130X was to burst into flames and be destroyed, I would definately be down the shop ASAP to get another one...!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X