I'm a bit slow on hitting throttle hold after a crash in idle up. How long do you have to switch the motor off, is there any sort of current limit or does the electronics board go up in smoke?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How long have you got to hit throttle hold???
Collapse
X
-
If the model starts piroetting hit hold imidiatley, if your just having or the heli is having a bit of a moment then hit hold a split moment before impact. If not it will just go nuts until something breaks but it wont burn out afaik.Yes the big sigpic is coming back
-
Hit it as soonas you think its going in the less power the better it may save more parts also. If it is on-the- ground then with motor still going there's a good chance the pinion will strip the main gear if nitro it Burns the clutch etc without the power it wont do a chicken dance across the field. Hope this helps I know this from expensive experience
its full of meaty goodness
GAUI NX 7 V Bar silver line
Align T Rex 700 F3C Flybarred
Align T rex 600 le DFC Vbar blue line
SAB Goblin 570 Kontronik jive + pyro
450 pro DFC
Comment
-
I've got pretty quick at hitting the switch before the heli hits the long soft grass...
As soon as I know 'all is lost' I just hit the switch and fly again...,it is easier than hoping for salvation and then replacing bits
Hmmm....Trev
Lots of different things that fly
And happy to have FOUR shiny EGS
Comment
-
As said as soon as it goes pete tong flick the switch, This will save you money, I find that info helps me to call it quits before it goes in
DX8
Phoenix
RealFlight 7
Mcpx BL
Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n
Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n
Zmr250 mini H Quad racer
Comment
-
DX8
Phoenix
RealFlight 7
Mcpx BL
Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n
Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n
Zmr250 mini H Quad racer
Comment
-
The sooner the better, the longer between hitting the switch and it going in the less inertia there is still stored up in the blades etcT-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
T-REX 550 DFC Pro: AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower UltraguardDX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
Pheonix v5.
Comment
-
Yeah definitely hit hold at the first sign of things going wrong. It will usually save you main gears, torque gears, clutches and possible ESC issues. I have been lucky enough on many occasions to just put a link back on or replace a broken link and fly away again. The faster the better with TH.
Comment
-
I know about the as soon as possible bit, but I was wondering how long it would survive before it smoked.Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
Phoenix Sim
Comment

Comment