Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe a dumb question but......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • maybe a dumb question but......

    450mah 2,s can be balanced charged @ 0.4a.....? So if I parrallel charged 2x2 450mahs that means charge @ 0.9a..... ? But having not got a balance board do I have to balance charge with every charge? And also would you recommend knocking charge down by a degree I.e 450 @ 0.3 and 900 @ 0.8 etc.... Any advice guys pls cause in the future wanting to get several of these and don't want a day charging.....
    If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style



  • #2
    Treat yourself to a paralleled balance charging lead - HERE

    I have 10 batteries so usually charge them 5 then 5, obviously take on board the other warnings about parallel chargeing with regards to cell capacity and drainage i usually charge at 1C but some times 2C thats for the total capacity of all the packs so in my case i do 5 * 450mah = 2250mah or 5 * 450 * 2C = 5500mah.
    T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
    T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
    AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
    DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
    Pheonix v5.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for your reply, I'm a little slow on the uptake concerning 1c, 2c etc.... I was going on the basis of adding all the packs mah together, I.e 900 mah = 0.9a, or 1800mah =1.8a etc... I like the parrallel link thankyou, but lipos came with jst plugs so I bought a jst-eflight link wire to run them in heli, and was planning to make a parrallel charge harness for the jst conecters. The turnigy charger can handle 6a so so 6 450mahs shouldn't be a prob but it was the balance part and 1c, 2c, 3c ratings that confused me a bit....
      If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


      Comment


      • #4
        1C is 1*capacity, 2C is 2*Capacity, etc

        If the batteries only have the JST connectors then you cant individually balance the cells.
        T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
        T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
        AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
        DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
        Pheonix v5.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah I see the c stands for cell, I.e cut off voltage 1c 3.6v, 2c 7.2v etc. so I'm right with the charge amps then?. And yes they have a balance lead also so main red blck lead with jst and opp side they have 3pin balance lead.
          If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stevek32 View Post
            Ah I see the c stands for cell, I.e cut off voltage 1c 3.6v, 2c 7.2v etc. so I'm right with the charge amps then?. And yes they have a balance lead also so main red blck lead with jst and opp side they have 3pin balance lead.
            The C stands for capacity If they also have a balance connector then the lead i linked too will to the job of both charging and balancing the batteries presuming it fit's your charger
            T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
            T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
            AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
            DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
            Pheonix v5.

            Comment


            • #7
              I ve just bought a decent charger and am also trying to get my head around parallel charging.

              So if I connect up 3x 450mah to charge at 1c I set the charger to charge at 1.35amps for a 1c charge, do I still set charger to charge as a 2cell lipo?
              Blade mSRX
              Blade Nano CPX
              Blade 130x
              Blade 300x
              DX6i
              Phoenix v4 + simstick

              terraclean-sussex.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by A.N.T View Post
                I ve just bought a decent charger and am also trying to get my head around parallel charging.

                So if I connect up 3x 450mah to charge at 1c I set the charger to charge at 1.35amps for a 1c charge, do I still set charger to charge as a 2cell lipo?
                Yup, you've got it
                T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                Pheonix v5.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think u charge at 2,s I.e 7.2v no matter how many lipos u string together. Think series charging is diff but I'm still learning parrallel.
                  If your not flying .....then make sure you crash with style


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes series charging is different, lets for example say we have 5 x 2s 450mah battery packs...

                    Connected in parallel this would be a 2S 2250mah battery pack, connected in series it would be a 10S 450mah pack
                    T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                    T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                    AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                    DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                    Pheonix v5.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I thought I had understood the basics, thanks, now all I need to do is get some boards and charge cables
                      Blade mSRX
                      Blade Nano CPX
                      Blade 130x
                      Blade 300x
                      DX6i
                      Phoenix v4 + simstick

                      terraclean-sussex.co.uk

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X