Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin 8800 vs 8000kv

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spin 8800 vs 8000kv

    I bought a Spin 8800kv motor for the 130 and have found that the mesh with the main gear is very loose and i keep stripping the main gear. I have tried moving the motor closer for a better mesh, but it keeps slipping back off the main gear.

    Does the 8000kv which is a slightly wider motor and is designed specifically for the 130 sit better with the main gear and the stock frame?

    Many thanks for any info

  • #2
    I have the 8000KV Spin motor. It meshes with the motor fine and have never stripped a main gear in a crash with this motor.

    I did how ever have to file the motor mount holes (on the frame) to bring the motor closer to the main gear.

    Comment


    • #3
      OK, so you still have to modify the frame with the 8000kv as well. That is the answer i needed. Just need to find some M1.4 screws that have a bigger head to get more grip on the frame to stop the motor from slipping. Either that or some washers.

      Thx Sam

      Comment


      • #4
        Spin 8800 vs 8000kv

        I didn't need to elongate the motor slots on my 8000kv to get a decent mesh

        I know some have though
        DX8

        Phoenix
        RealFlight 7

        Mcpx BL

        Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

        Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

        Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

        Comment


        • #5
          Any good mate ?

          Hirobo Z-H2533-018 - Pan Head Machine Screw - M1.4 x 5

          Comment


          • #6
            The washers from a new feather spindle will probably work with spin screws.
            T- rex 600n V-bar
            Logo 550sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

            Comment

            Working...
            X