I've had the screw that holds the tail blade grip to the tail shaft break during flight about 7 or more times now, lost 4 rakon grips. I read that they can break if you tighten them too much when fitting the grip but thats not the problem i have. I put a little loctite on them, is there anything else i can do to stop them from breaking during flight?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
130x tail shaft screw breaks
Collapse
X
-
I've never heard of that happening so much, especially when you've thread locked the screws.
Are you sure it's not the tail shaft that's at fault? A mate of mine had a problem with his first replacement shaft that didn't have the the screw recesses deep enough so that screws were always loose. Certainly, for it to have happened 7 times, you've got to think the problem might lie with the common component?Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
Everytime the screw breaks in the tail shaft the shaft can no longer be used as i cant get the screw out. Its not as common as i thought, i'm going to only tighten the screws enough to hold and see if that helps.Paz

Goblin Black Nitro
Goblin 380
Oxy 2
Vcontrol
Leicester Heli Flyers Club
Comment
-
130x tail shaft screw breaks
I had a screw head snap of this weekend when I was putting a grip back on I had not overtightened it and its bloody annoying!!Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim
Comment

Comment