Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x balancing issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x balancing issue

    I have seen other similar threads, but want a more comprehensive answer. I haven't flown my 130x for weeks, due to waiting for parts, weather, illness etc... Flew it today and am amazed at the heli and what I'm learning to do on it. But I'm running overlander 450mah 40c batteries, and it's making the heli nose heavy. Question is, what is the best way to rebalance the heli. I know some solutions. One is to fit a spin motor as stated in another thread here. Trouble is I don't want to spend £31 on one. Another I read about was building a foam wedge that raises the battery above the stock motor. Some are puting weights on the tail. Are there any other solutions? Which works best?

  • #2
    The 350mah overlanders don't cause a balancing issue ...
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
      The 350mah overlanders don't cause a balancing issue ...
      Yes confirmed! The 350mah Overlanders are much better for the C of G. These are recommended by nearly all the members of our club! Plenty in stock
      Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
      http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
      Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
      Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


      Comment


      • #4
        This doesn't help me though does it?

        Comment


        • #5
          well, it helps you make a decision about what batteries to buy next!

          Seriously, the 450s are (nose) heavy. Fundamentally, the only way you can rebalance is to add balast aft of the mainshaft. Changing the motor won't fix this (unless the Spin is lighter than stock), and certainly a foam wedge will just add a tiny bit more weight at the front - making the situation worse!

          So, extra weight behind the main shaft (which kind of negates the benefit of 450mah lipos I think), or lighter batteries, or just live with it being slightly nose heavy .. !?
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #6
            I think the motor change and foam idea are meant to move that weight aft, has anyone actually tried this? Obviously if these don't work then weights it is.

            Comment

            Working...
            X