Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor range with 130x and DX8

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poor range with 130x and DX8

    I was flying my 130x today, getting more and more confident chucking around and thoroughly enjoying it, when all of a sudden at a reasonable distance away, it starting flying erratically. I managed to somehow get it back to me and as it got closer it was flying normally again... I thought that a range test with the transmitter might be a good idea and sure enough, the helicopter stopped responding about 10 - 12m away, which is less than half what spektrum recommend...
    Having no access to another helicopter and transmitter does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to improve the situation? Or is that range check ok?

  • #2
    Poor range with 130x and DX8

    Some very carefully pull the antenna wire out from under the shrinkwrap on the mainboard, apparently this helps with range related problems

    I haven't done it though, haven't had a problem with it
    DX8

    Phoenix
    RealFlight 7

    Mcpx BL

    Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

    Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

    Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

    Comment


    • #3
      I've not seen any problems with mine either and probably fly a few hundred yards out at times, i've got to admit to having never range checked it though, i'll do that next time out...
      T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
      T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
      AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
      DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
      Pheonix v5.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not sure what Tx you are using but make sure the batteries are fully charged, I tend to find the display on my DX6i tells me I have plenty of power left but if I pull the batteries out and put them on my charge it shows them as being almost flat.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm using a DX8 and the voltage was 5.5V so pretty much fully charged... I will unplug and re fit the battery, but I haven't used it much from it being on charge a couple of days ago...

          Comment


          • #6
            I have had range issues as well both with my Dx6i and Dx8. Just stays in the air and I have no control until I walk forward. Distance was about 18/20meters...?
            ​Danny

            Dx9
            130x

            Goblin 700

            CGM neXt

            Comment


            • #7
              With the DX8 you can check the telemetry for data loss
              T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
              T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
              AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
              DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
              Pheonix v5.

              Comment


              • #8
                Do you get telemetry from the 130X without adding anything? If so what do you get, rx volts and signal quality?
                Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  You only get Frame losses and Holds that i can see but that will point out if the problem is definitely signal related, you can set alarms for limits on them too which may come in handy
                  T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                  T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                  AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                  DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                  Pheonix v5.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ianmat View Post
                    I was flying my 130x today, getting more and more confident chucking around and thoroughly enjoying it, when all of a sudden at a reasonable distance away, it starting flying erratically. I managed to somehow get it back to me and as it got closer it was flying normally again... I thought that a range test with the transmitter might be a good idea and sure enough, the helicopter stopped responding about 10 - 12m away, which is less than half what spektrum recommend...
                    Having no access to another helicopter and transmitter does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to improve the situation? Or is that range check ok?
                    Send TX back to HH, get them to check it over don't open your TX up leave it them.
                    Current Fleet,
                    T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
                    Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
                    Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X