Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of advice on 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bit of advice on 130x

    Hi,

    Been flying the 130x. I bought it a couple days ago.Trying to get it to fly a bit more controllable.

    I have fitted the metal tail gear and also some o-rings for the swash.

    It's flying ok but since I put the o-rings on its incredably twitchy?

    I have found it makes a grinding noise at times during flight too.

    Any advice?

    Paul
    ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
    SPECTRUM DX8

    www.southhantshelis.co.uk

  • #2
    Hi

    Grinding noise is likely to be the torque tube in the tailboom, mine does it on and off, if I have a vibration somewhere its always worse, so that's something to check

    I'd check our o rings are not causing any binding in the swash/links, as that might be the issue.

    Cheers
    Phil

    Comment


    • #3
      Put it back to stock, stop fiddling and learn to fly it.

      You should be taming it in your Tx not on the heli.
      Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
      JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

      Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

      Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
      And the proud wearer of one

      Comment


      • #4
        Just flew mine for the first time today and out of the box its fantastic It brought a big smile to my face.
        Trex 550e dfc :-)
        Sab Goblin 500 Sport/dx8 and 9
        t-rex 450s x2 /Raptor 50
        blade 130x 3off/mcpx x2 180cfx times 2
        multiplex acromaster 3d (great fun) acrowot,sonic wing,Graupner junior 2mtr glider,beast biplane .
        kyosho spree small plank
        bogey combat plank x2 woop
        http://www.cuffleymfc.co.uk



        brian OB2 proud owner of 3X E.G.S+ 1boggy special star

        Comment


        • #5
          Grinding noise is most likely a poor mesh between the A umbrella gear on the main shaft and the B gear at the front of the torque tube. The main shaft normally does have a bit of vertical play. Different collective pitch can make the main shaft move up/down, hence the reason why the noise comes and goes ... One of the early fixes on helifreak for the 130x was shimming the main shaft. You can now buy purpose-designed shims .. The A gear needs to rest gently on the B gear.

          Lynx 130X Main Shaft Fine ADJ Shims Spacer Set [LX0359]

          T
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah well I kind of managed to damage the gear on the first flight so got a metal one to replace it, the only other thing is the o-rings. Will remove the o-rings if needed.
            ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
            SPECTRUM DX8

            www.southhantshelis.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              PS, the O rings shouldn't make it any more twitchy. They just reduce slop in the head stopping a "shuddering" that people (including me!) saw on fast forward flight and/or losing height quickly (negative pitch). They should make *no* difference to cyclic response. If it has for you, then something's not right.

              As Jimmy says, if the heli is too lively, tame it down in the TX. IMO however, the O ring mod is worthwhile. As for the tail slider - well, I have a metal one, but only because my plastic one broke ....
              Tom
              sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
              SAB Goblin 630 Competition
              - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
              Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
              Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
              .... and a Gaui X3
              Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
              ... and two EGS'



              Comment


              • #8
                Cheers Tom,

                Can you tell me what o-rings you used and where, iv gone by what it said on rc hero but had some spair.

                Have played with the expo etc but she's very livley, almost impossible to keep her in a steady over without wobbling around! I'm not the best pilot mind haha
                ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                SPECTRUM DX8

                www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  How much Expo are you using Curryzz? And you are going positive expo NOT negative??
                  DX8

                  Phoenix
                  RealFlight 7

                  Mcpx BL

                  Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                  Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                  Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Iv tired I couple of different options.

                    What do you recommend?

                    I'm 95% sure the o-rings are fine, the metal gear won't make a differance

                    Paul
                    ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                    SPECTRUM DX8

                    www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Don't use expo or D/R, I setup mine within atv, use atv to set max pitch to 11* & cyclic to 9*
                      Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                      • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                      • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                      • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                      • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                      • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                      • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You need to set up both dual rates and expo.

                        I use about 30% expo on the cyclics, and what this means is that the heli is less sensitive to movements around the centre of the sticks.

                        I, like you have the DX8, so that gives me 3 rate options.

                        Rate determines or limits how much of the maximum movement of the swash or servo you get.

                        If you set the aileron rate to 100%, you get maximum roll, 80% gives you a roll rate that is 80% of maximum, 60%, well you can see where this is going.

                        Expo makes the heli less sensitive to stick movement near the centre, but more sensitive at the extremes, and doesnt limit the maximum 'throw'

                        If it was me setting it up, I would start with rates of 50% on Aileron and Elevator with 20% expo, 75% with 30% expo and then 100% with 35% expo, all determined by one switch.

                        Fire it up with the middle setting, and then you can tone it up or down as you need.
                        Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
                        JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

                        Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

                        Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
                        And the proud wearer of one

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ^^^^^ What Jimmy said ^^^^^

                          I have a lowly Dx6i so i set up one mode with 70% travel and 25% expo and the other at 100% travel and 30% expo

                          you say its hard to hold a steady hover, is the swash level?
                          DX8

                          Phoenix
                          RealFlight 7

                          Mcpx BL

                          Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                          Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                          Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jimmyhorns View Post
                            You need to set up both dual rates and expo.

                            I use about 30% expo on the cyclics, and what this means is that the heli is less sensitive to movements around the centre of the sticks.

                            I, like you have the DX8, so that gives me 3 rate options.

                            Rate determines or limits how much of the maximum movement of the swash or servo you get.

                            If you set the aileron rate to 100%, you get maximum roll, 80% gives you a roll rate that is 80% of maximum, 60%, well you can see where this is going.

                            Expo makes the heli less sensitive to stick movement near the centre, but more sensitive at the extremes, and doesnt limit the maximum 'throw'

                            If it was me setting it up, I would start with rates of 50% on Aileron and Elevator with 20% expo, 75% with 30% expo and then 100% with 35% expo, all determined by one switch.

                            Fire it up with the middle setting, and then you can tone it up or down as you need.

                            Top information as always.

                            I set them up 20-50 like your said.

                            It is one massive jump better as I can hover it a lot better.

                            It does seem to want to do things I'm not telling it to do but maybe it's just because I'm flying it in a small area making it much more difficult.

                            Paul
                            ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                            SPECTRUM DX8

                            www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                              ^^^^^ What Jimmy said ^^^^^

                              I have a lowly Dx6i so i set up one mode with 70% travel and 25% expo and the other at 100% travel and 30% expo

                              you say its hard to hold a steady hover, is the swash level?


                              Yeah she looks pretty spot on from looking at it, I don't have a swash levaling tool.

                              I will hope for better weather tomorrow so I can get in a flight in the garden.

                              This morning I had the Heli flying side on and nose in, iv ither lost my skill in 5 hours or iv done something to the hei.

                              Paul
                              ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                              SPECTRUM DX8

                              www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X