Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclic Servo Burn Out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cyclic Servo Burn Out

    Guys,

    Has anyone had a cyclic servo go up in smoke; I replaced one of my aileron servos yesterday with a new one because it kept losing power and when flying today the other aileron servo burned up with a little grey smoke.

    I tested another servo in the failed port and the servo seems ok! Should I replace the burnt servo or is there a problem with my board I should check first?
    Paz

    Goblin Black Nitro
    Goblin 380
    Oxy 2
    Vcontrol

    Leicester Heli Flyers Club

  • #2
    Re: Cyclic Servo Burn Out

    Are you running a reg? I would check your voltages going into your servos just one idea.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think if i'd had 2 go up in smoke i'd get the board checked, thats more than just bad luck, just out of interest how many flights have you got on it?
      T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
      T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
      AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
      DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
      Pheonix v5.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        i replace the second servo and been through 6 lipos with no problems, glad its not the board. I've had the 130x since it came out, i push it hard and run about 30 lipos through it a week. I had to change my tail servo three weeks ago, maybe the servos were due a change?
        Paz

        Goblin Black Nitro
        Goblin 380
        Oxy 2
        Vcontrol

        Leicester Heli Flyers Club

        Comment


        • #5
          not good

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Paz26181 View Post
            Hi,

            i replace the second servo and been through 6 lipos with no problems, glad its not the board. I've had the 130x since it came out, i push it hard and run about 30 lipos through it a week. I had to change my tail servo three weeks ago, maybe the servos were due a change?
            Quite possibly, i've only had about 20 flights on mine so far, how long have you owned it? so rough total number of flights?
            T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
            T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
            AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
            DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
            Pheonix v5.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
              Quite possibly, i've only had about 20 flights on mine so far, how long have you owned it? so rough total number of flights?
              is that roughly 240 flights ! in real terms that possibly aint bad, allow for a few days off as well,

              those little servos will have one Hell of a life, up and down really fast for 12 hours solid


              also have you or do you use contact lubricant? not cleaner, i have from day one but i am not up to the hours you have run yet, so its hard to say if the switching lube will help
              Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

              Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

              Comment


              • #8
                I've had it since july when it came out. I dont really do anything to the servos apart from give them a clean every now and then.

                i guess 240 flights aint bad, i practise things like half piro flips in my street and properly crash 1 out of 8 flights. Surprisingly i've spent more on 130x parts then my trex 450 in the same time period!
                Paz

                Goblin Black Nitro
                Goblin 380
                Oxy 2
                Vcontrol

                Leicester Heli Flyers Club

                Comment

                Working...
                X