Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the preferred tail mod for the 130x? What improvement does it offer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the preferred tail mod for the 130x? What improvement does it offer?

    I've read about a few people advocating a tail mod on the 130x.

    What is the preferred mod exactly? What parts would I need to buy?

    What is it about the standard tail that is lacking?

    Any other details welcomed

    Tia,

    Tony

    My flying toys:
    Blade MCX
    Trex 500 esp
    Trex 600e 12s 44.4v

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tony Brazao View Post
    I've read about a few people advocating a tail mod on the 130x.

    What is the preferred mod exactly? What parts would I need to buy?

    What is it about the standard tail that is lacking?

    Any other details welcomed

    Tia,

    Tony


    main thing most people replace is the pitch slider, stock one is pretty poor, other than that just carefully balance the tail blades and thats just about it, the rest is asthetics
    Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

    Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

    Comment


    • #3
      +1 on pitch slider. Also replace the tail case bearings with the upgraded ones that have come out. The stock tail grips work great but the ball may snap off in some crashes... the lynx tail grips are good for when this happens.
      Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
      Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






      Comment


      • #4
        Yup. Tail Pitch slider get that puppy upgraded and your good to go!
        Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
        http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
        Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
        Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


        Comment


        • #5
          I would also advocate changing the stock servo to A DS35 as well. See my other thread

          http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/e-flit...ell-worth.html

          I have also upgraded the tail slider, this is a must!
          Align Trex 500 DFC head (all align servos with Beast X)
          HK450GT (with align DFC head and Beast X)
          Blade 130x, MCPX (v1 brushless, tail mod) & MSR
          Spectrum DX6i

          Comment

          Working...
          X