Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flight time

    Hello

    Any suggestions as to how many miunutes to set the timer for the stock battery? I got mine set to 5 mins wondered if I can get more...

    Any good suggestions for better batteries other than stock?

    Cheers...
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

  • #2
    Re: Flight time

    What?
    Raptor 50 v2, trex 600n fbl, trex 550 v2 3gx, trex 450 3gx v2, mini-titan v1, mcpx v1, WoT4 foamE, Gootch 450, mcpx bl.

    Comment


    • #3
      4 minutes is the correct time

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NoFixedAbode View Post
        What?
        Well it's in the 130x eflite section... Lol

        and I mean the timer setting on the tx.... That help? :-)
        Last edited by Bhujang; 28-12-2012, 08:41 PM.
        Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
        Goosky S1
        DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 1chris View Post
          4 minutes is the correct time
          Any good ideas for other batteries? I got me a Overlander Extreme 450mah 2S 7.4v 40C LiPo for £7.99

          not sure if it was the best but looked good... And reasonable price...
          Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
          Goosky S1
          DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

          Comment


          • #6
            Opti Power Lipo Cell Rx Battery 430mAh 2S1P 20C OPR4302S

            I got some of these from FL and noticed a HS/power difference straight away, good price too
            Martyn

            SAB Goblin 570 Sport - Scorpion 4025/1100kv - Scorpion Tribunus 12/130A - Spektrum HV H6205/H6210 Servos - Spektrum AR7210BX

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Martyn (Bomber) View Post
              Opti Power Lipo Cell Rx Battery 430mAh 2S1P 20C OPR4302S

              I got some of these from FL and noticed a HS/power difference straight away, good price too
              Wow is there a 130x under that? What's the 1P about? Thanks for the info n link...

              Hey that is a good price... But all sold out!
              Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
              Goosky S1
              DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

              Comment


              • #8
                Just to clear up the terminology the "S" in 2S stands for series and the "P" stands for parallel.

                2s2p would be two cells in series, both wired in parallel (4 cells total).
                2s1p would be 2 cells in series as 1 parallel (2 cells total).

                Either way, they both produce 7.4 volts nominal but the 2s2p pack has twice the capacity of the 2S1P pack.

                Simples

                Sorry I bought the last ones
                Last edited by Martyn (Bomber); 28-12-2012, 09:56 PM.
                Martyn

                SAB Goblin 570 Sport - Scorpion 4025/1100kv - Scorpion Tribunus 12/130A - Spektrum HV H6205/H6210 Servos - Spektrum AR7210BX

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is a overlander 450 I bought with my heli ( £7.99 ) , I put a wedge of foam on it to try and keep the COG right , Unfortunatly I have't realy had much of a chance to fly it with it yet so , not to sure how long it will last , kenny d
                  Goblin , 380 Carbon
                  Oxy 4 - 360
                  Oxy 4 - 325
                  Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                  Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                  Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                  Oxy 2 - 190
                  Oxy 2 - 210
                  XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                  Spektrum DX9
                  Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Kenny D is it really that sensitive? Looks like same lipo I got. Seems ok to me so far...
                    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                    Goosky S1
                    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Buhjang , As i'm sure you know the 450's are larger and heavier than the standered 300's , When i checked the COG it was nose heavy compaired to the origonial battery so i made up the wedge which dramatically helped , Unfortunatley due to the main tail gear stripping after 2 shots I haven't actually flown it with the 450's in it , but keeping the COG as near as possible seemed the right thing to do , kenny d
                      Goblin , 380 Carbon
                      Oxy 4 - 360
                      Oxy 4 - 325
                      Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                      Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                      Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                      Oxy 2 - 190
                      Oxy 2 - 210
                      XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                      Spektrum DX9
                      Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ok thanks for the feed back. How do you check the COG? By hand or a piece of string from the main shaft? ha ha sorry but I never checked this before. How should the COG be nose heavy?
                        Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                        Goosky S1
                        DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Im still pretty new to all of rc stuff .... I may be wrong ....... BUT I think .......... the COG should be taken from the main shaft , So i put the blades accross the heli & put my fingers under the blades (next to the shaft) with the 300mah battery the heli stays almost level but with the 450s it has a nose down attitude , with the wedge on the 450 battery it allowed it to slide backward towards the top of motor , thus the waight moves back & the then it is much closer to the correct COG and therefor should fly better

                          Someone from the fourm with more knowlage than me will hopefully keep me right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kenny d
                          Goblin , 380 Carbon
                          Oxy 4 - 360
                          Oxy 4 - 325
                          Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                          Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                          Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                          Oxy 2 - 190
                          Oxy 2 - 210
                          XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                          Spektrum DX9
                          Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            COG is around the main shaft

                            You could dial in a little trim to counteract the extra weight (I've got a 130x and 4 x 450mah batteries coming and i'll most likely just trim it out) dont forget that on a Nitro heli the COG changes as the fuel gets used up, it doesn't have to be 100% spot on
                            T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                            T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                            AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                            DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                            Pheonix v5.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The settings from the manual make it so there is no trim available, does anybody still fly with this setting?
                              MSH Protos Max V2. Vbar Neo, Cyclone 715, zeal, talon 120
                              MSH Protos 500 FBL. VX1e, Zeal 480
                              Trex 150. In one piece and flying well........for now!!
                              Futaba 14sg



                              http://www.oxonhelicollective.org.uk

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X