Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed by quality of parts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
    I stand corrected... Was just making sure you were paying attention ;-)
    LOL! If you'd left it another hour I would probably wouldn't not be paying attention as the Boxing Day beverages would be taking over
    Paul

    MCPX
    E-Flight Blade 450X / AR7200BX
    Align Trex 450 Pro DFC / AR7200BX

    Planks - WOT 4 Foam E

    Comment


    • #17
      Snap hey is it normal for the tail on these birds to whip around about 180 degrees and then return back to its normal position? It does it just once each spin up then is fine... Weird!! Will contact HH about it! As its done this from the box!
      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
      Goosky S1
      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
        Snap hey is it normal for the tail on these birds to whip around about 180 degrees and then return back to its normal position? It does it just once each spin up then is fine... Weird!! Will contact HH about it! As its done this from the box!
        If you spin it up aggressively from a standing start, the tail will blow out and it'll spin around. The AS3X will correct it back as you've seen. Just spin it up a little more gently and you should be ok.
        Tom
        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
        .... and a Gaui X3
        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
        ... and two EGS'



        Comment


        • #19
          Hiya Tom, I've just been following another thread that you helped with and seem to be very experienced with the 130X. Do you feel my a gear should have worn or misshapen so quickly? There was no crash or bump I had finished the flight and the blades were winding down and the tail just touch the edge of a carpet runner... Nasty grinding sound from it now and when I move the blades by hand can feel where they stick due to the misshaped teeth on the a gear...

          i have a metal one ordered now my only concern is that something else will give when if I have a serious crash!
          Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
          Goosky S1
          DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

          Comment


          • #20
            Hi there! I certainly do like the 130X

            Of the four torque tube gears, the only ones that should really go with any degree of regularity are the C and D gears at the end of the tail boom. The A and B gear shouldn't really go. That said, as many have pointed out, the stock plastic A gear does tend to lose out against the stock metal B gear. Typically, if it goes prematurely however, it's because of a poor mesh between the two. I think it was spotted fairly early that (unlike the mcpx), you need to have the main gear (ie. the big, white plastic gear against the motor) slightly loose against the bottom of the frame. If it's too tight, it pulls the A gear down too tight against the B gear, causing excessive wear.

            I've switched to the metal part too and then just keep a stock of the tail C and D gears. note that these tend to strip "internally" rather than the teeth going. ie. the inner "D" shape that holds the gears onto the metal rods strips out, allowing the gears to spin on the torque tube.

            Honestly, I'm surprised that your A gear suffered before the C or D gears gave out! Probably worth checking all of them with a magnifying glass. You get spare C and D gears in the box!

            Having the tail gears "weak" is, in my opinion, a slight advantage. Also, keeping the tail blades fairly loose should help them cope with anything that might otherwise impede them.

            HTH. T
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment


            • #21
              It is perfectly normal for the original gear to strip with even the slightest knocks as yours did. Mine did the same. If you cut the throttle your fine. But if not it strips very easily. The metal replacement is very robust and in my experience, so far, it can handle very hard knocks without transferring the shock else where. Imo the 130 is a great heli for the money, performs very well considering what it is. I find it behaves like a much bigger helicopter. It is still a toy in a way. I use it more as a tool though, similar to the sim. I don't consider that a game, its a very effective tool. Also, i would much rather fly the 130 over a 450. Sold my 450's as i did see myself using them over the 130. Its so much fun. It makes learning new moves very engaging and enjoyable as it will do most things, but you can crash the s$%t out of it and go again
              Stainburn Helicopter Club
              Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
              Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
              MSH Protos 380


              Vbar Control

              Comment


              • #22
                Well Bujang , seems like i done the same as you ,(xmas presi) second flight & only rubed the tail blades of the skirting ,the Grey tail gear on the main shaft stripped , My tail drive shaft seems to have about 2mm of free play & i was wondering if the gears were not meshing right from new , Hard to tell now but it seems i will have to order a metal one & maybe one to replace the white main gear too, Not happy with the Quality , I also got a nano & it's awsome , Hopefully when all the bugs are gone it'l be a good heli , From a dissapointed kenny d
                Goblin , 380 Carbon
                Oxy 4 - 360
                Oxy 4 - 325
                Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                Oxy 2 - 190
                Oxy 2 - 210
                XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                Spektrum DX9
                Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                Comment


                • #23
                  It is a 100 class heli with a torque tube tail drive. What do you expect to happen if you catch the tail on something? What would you expect to happen on a bigger bird in the same instance? I cant see how you can be disappointed with the quality personally. Just acknowledge that there is an after market part which toughens up the drive train and get it installed. Try not to catch the tail on something and you will not have a problem. Even if you only rub the skirting it will do damage. It is spinning pretty fast after all
                  Stainburn Helicopter Club
                  Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
                  Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
                  MSH Protos 380


                  Vbar Control

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yes its only to be expected for a plastic gear. I am really happy with my 130 X it was just a dissapointment as I had only nudged the edge of the carpet and I was coming to a stop anyway! But my metal A gear is on the way so all will be well as soon as it arrives. Im glad I have my nano to fly while waiting
                    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                    Goosky S1
                    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
                      Yes its only to be expected for a plastic gear. I am really happy with my 130 X it was just a dissapointment as I had only nudged the edge of the carpet and I was coming to a stop anyway! But my metal A gear is on the way so all will be well as soon as it arrives. Im glad I have my nano to fly while waiting
                      That will sort it out for you. Im loving the nano and the 130. I stripped my original a gear in the same way. It had already had some big knocks. But i ran a battery flat and had to auto it from 20 ft. It landed nicely on its skids..... but then tipped over in the most pathetic way and stripped about 5 teeth of the gear. I guess if any of my first crashes had done that i might have been a bit miffed. But i saw how much it can take and be ok. I think you can just be unlucky and have random factors combine where a very light crash does seemingly a lot of damage. Whereas sometimes you stack it and it comes away totally unscathed
                      Stainburn Helicopter Club
                      Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
                      Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
                      MSH Protos 380


                      Vbar Control

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X