Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed by quality of parts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disappointed by quality of parts...

    Well Xmas day has come and gone and Santa gave me a 130X :-) first hover today and was doing great just about to finish for the battery and the tail ever so slightly touched a runner carpet edge. No crash no bangs bumps in fact a not to bad landing.

    Went to fire it up with a new battery and it sounded all grindy! After inspection the tail gear on the main shaft is all chewed up :-( I can't believe that this happened so easily from such a tiny bump!

    Is it a faulty part? Or are these gears really that poor quality that they strip or as in my case deform so easily?

    I have seen what I think is a metal version of this part. Is it advisable to use a metal part? I'm thinking this might cause further damage else where in a serious crash as it won't give and these parts are clearly made to give to save damage else where...

    What are others experience with this part? Looks a real pain to replace as ill have to take head off to get to it!

    anyhow the 5 mins hovering I had we're fantastic! What an amazing heli love it and will repair and play n play n play :-)
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

  • #2
    Disappointed by quality of parts...

    Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
    Well Xmas day has come and gone and Santa gave me a 130X :-) first hover today and was doing great just about to finish for the battery and the tail ever so slightly touched a runner carpet edge. No crash no bangs bumps in fact a not to bad landing.

    Went to fire it up with a new battery and it sounded all grindy! After inspection the tail gear on the main shaft is all chewed up :-( I can't believe that this happened so easily from such a tiny bump!

    Is it a faulty part? Or are these gears really that poor quality that they strip or as in my case deform so easily?

    I have seen what I think is a metal version of this part. Is it advisable to use a metal part? I'm thinking this might cause further damage else where in a serious crash as it won't give and these parts are clearly made to give to save damage else where...

    What are others experience with this part? Looks a real pain to replace as ill have to take head off to get to it!

    anyhow the 5 mins hovering I had we're fantastic! What an amazing heli love it and will repair and play n play n play :-)
    The tail gears give easily. But this protects more expensive parts in the torque tube power train from breaking if something impedes the tail rotor better a cheap part than something else !

    I keep a few as spares. Try to land on a smooth surface rather than something that can impede the tail rotor ( eg. Grass is bad!)
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #3
      Not lost teeth on tail gears yet in over 300 flights and 200 odd crashes
      T- rex 600n V-bar
      Logo 550sx V-bar
      Logo 600sx V-bar
      Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

      VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Nick B

        Do you mean the gears on the tail? Or on the main blade shaft as is mine?

        as if that's the case mine is clearly way faulty as I didn't even crash just a slight touch as I was powering down... :-(

        maybe just sheer bad luck! I will call HH when they open from the holidays and see what they say.
        Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
        Goosky S1
        DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry,i read your post as if your tail gears had gone....that gear on the shaft is made of cheese,get the metal upgrade and some tail gears for spares.

          BLH3735 Optional Metal Bevel Gear

          BLH3736 Rear Tail Gear Set w/Collar
          T- rex 600n V-bar
          Logo 550sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

          Comment


          • #6
            Disappointed by quality of parts...

            Sounds like what we call the A gear

            Imo this should have been a metal gear from the start as it meshes with a metal gear, get yourself a metal one and you'll never have to mess with it again
            DX8

            Phoenix
            RealFlight 7

            Mcpx BL

            Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

            Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

            Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

            Comment


            • #7
              What do you expect from a £100 helicopter.......Kasama quality?

              Comment


              • #8
                Surely if it is metal gear on to a plastic gear then they have done that to act as a kind of mechanical fuse... protecting other, more expensive and more difficult to repair, parts?

                As a principle, changing something that can easily break for a more solid, less pliable replacement can have knock on effects elsewhere by exposing other parts to stresses they weren't designed for.

                I do not have a 130X but I have several mates who have and they too strip these plastic tail gears regularly but they are cheap and easy to replace so they just make sure they always have spares on hand.
                Paul

                MCPX
                E-Flight Blade 450X / AR7200BX
                Align Trex 450 Pro DFC / AR7200BX

                Planks - WOT 4 Foam E

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1chris View Post
                  What do you expect from a £100 helicopter.......Kasama quality?
                  Hey Chris please do let me kjnow where you can get a 130X for £100 as Ill definately buy another 2!

                  And thanks for your positive input!
                  Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                  Goosky S1
                  DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks everyone else thats great info, I did find the metal alternative but wasnt sure if it was the right one or not! Cheers for the links Nick B your a star now I can order without waiting til the shops reopen!

                    ha ha and please do excuse the pun! It wasnt deliberate only just noticed it! lol have a great rest of the festive season and a really happy new year all...
                    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                    Goosky S1
                    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                      Sounds like what we call the A gear

                      Imo this should have been a metal gear from the start as it meshes with a metal gear, get yourself a metal one and you'll never have to mess with it again

                      Very funny link m8 ha ha ha
                      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                      Goosky S1
                      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Circa £100, ok £150 or whatever, at the end of the day it is a plastic toy helicopter and whilst I appreciate it flies extremely well for its size (I do have one) it is not representative of the larger Electric or Nitro helicopters which the average enthusiast flies.

                        It is by its nature a disposable item and its small components can be rather flimsy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow! Ok you are welcome to your opinion. But I feel it deserves a lot more credit than that! It is after all a 6 channel belt driven tail heli capable of anything the larger helis can do, except fly in severe wind conditions and maybe a tad slower!

                          I love my 130X (only just got it mind) and find it aq major step up from the nano cpx which I have flown for a while and also bought a second. All said, I cant wait til i get my 450X when I feel more confident with the 130X.

                          I think that these smaller helis are ideal learning helis that can also be excellent fun for an advanced flyer as well. I am sure that once I get more experience under the belt and been flying a 450X well, I'll still love to fly the 130X.

                          I have the metal BLH3735 Optional Metal Bevel Gear ordered now so alls well that ends well...

                          Happy New Year to you All!
                          Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                          Goosky S1
                          DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
                            It is after all a 6 channel belt driven tail heli capable of anything the larger helis can do, except fly in severe wind conditions and maybe a tad slower!
                            Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the 130X have a torque tube tail?
                            Paul

                            MCPX
                            E-Flight Blade 450X / AR7200BX
                            Align Trex 450 Pro DFC / AR7200BX

                            Planks - WOT 4 Foam E

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PaulChurchley View Post
                              Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the 130X have a torque tube tail?

                              I stand corrected... Was just making sure you were paying attention ;-)
                              Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                              Goosky S1
                              DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X