Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vibration

    I'm trying to track down a vibration that is reaching tail and have checked all the usual stuff from blades to spindle to shafts etc and I'm beginning to think they are coming from the mesh between to two metal gears i.e. the one on the main shaft which I have upgraded to metal and the main tail drive metal gear. The dry metal on metal mesh and the fact that the tail gear floats a little appears to be creating a vibe and I was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this?

    Thanks
    D

  • #2
    Is the vibration just on spool up, or throughout the whole flight ???

    Comment


    • #3
      Vibration

      Hi Sam, it gets worse as the rpm increases

      Comment


      • #4
        The tail on the 130X does have a tendency to vibrate on spool up but then it'll go once the rpm has increased. But does it do it while you're actually flying around or just when the heli is on the ground during spool up ??

        Most people now a days upgrade the tail pitch slider to a metal one. Are you using the stock pitch slider ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SamS View Post
          Is the vibration just on spool up, or throughout the whole flight ???
          If you look on youtube there are numerous explanations and fixes. I have just purchased one but not tried it out yet. I think this is quite a general problem with this model.
          Tomorrow night hopefully I will try mine out

          Cheers

          Dave
          TREX 700 LE - Spartan Vortex
          TREX 600 LE - VBAR 5.3 PRO (DFC)
          TREX 600 LE - VBAR 5.3 PRO
          TREX 600E PRO - VBAR NEO (PRO RESCUE)
          TREX 550L DOMINATOR - MINI VBAR EXPRESS
          BLADE 130X
          DSX11

          Comment


          • #6
            Vibration

            Yes, the mid spool up vibe appears to be due to the play in the tail drive gear also??
            My 130 has microheli everything basically, so no slop anywhere and the vibe does continue through the light and is very visible on the tail fin. Like I said before, it seems like the vibe is being transferred down the tail drive shaft rather than originating at the tail

            Comment


            • #7
              Vibration

              Dave, please can you elaborate on the fixes?

              Comment


              • #8
                Bent Torque Tube, even if they have the slightest bend they can cause vibes ?

                Bent Tail Shaft/Spindle ?

                Another thing you can try is simple but might work, play around with the tighteness of the tail blades .

                Comment


                • #9
                  I followed your train of thought and replaced spindles, torque tube, output shaft etc.....even put new blades on. Then in an attempt to track down the vibe I removed all blades and ran it up on the bench and you could still hear/feel it coming from the drive train which is why I think it may be the metal to metal gear contact. It does seem counter-intuitive to run two metal gears dry as normally metal gears would be in a gearbox full of grease.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    most 130's i have seen with vibes are just poorly balanced blades, main and tails, its worth every minute spent trying to dynamically balance them, but yes yours could well be the metal A, i have heard of some of them being poorly made ? ? with notches in between the teeth giving tight spots when rotating slowly
                    Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                    Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Now that would explain my problem and as I still have the plastic one, I guess a change over is the way to test it. I have resisted doing that as I have the MH autorotation unit and boy is that a faff to get the main gear off. It is held on with circlips and they are a complete PITA to be honest.
                      I'll get this done and tested in the next day or so and then post up the results, but you may have just pinned it, thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by darrens View Post
                        Now that would explain my problem and as I still have the plastic one, I guess a change over is the way to test it. I have resisted doing that as I have the MH autorotation unit and boy is that a faff to get the main gear off. It is held on with circlips and they are a complete PITA to be honest.
                        I'll get this done and tested in the next day or so and then post up the results, but you may have just pinned it, thanks
                        problem with heli's is that so many things can cause a vibration, and its not always the same issue on every heli,

                        to help simplify vibration, only if the part moves can it vibrate, so take a second look at your heli and now discount any stationary part, start from motor and pinion front to back and end up at tail rotor blades, so in real terms it can only be one or two things from a handful, most common are shafts gears bearings and blades, or how one fits to another

                        another way to rectify vibration is look at each part and ask the question, ( is it straight, true and balanced ) if it is move on to the next
                        Last edited by Mike00top; 05-12-2012, 08:41 PM.
                        Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                        Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X