Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin 8000KV powerrr !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spin 8000KV powerrr !

    So, like I said the other day, I now have the Spin 8000KV Brushless motor installed, and today was the first proper test fly with it.

    Pretty awesome power, a lot better than stock, Tic Tocs are made easier, and there's no bogging (for me).

    I'm using the 11t Pinion with this motor and powered by the Overlander 450mah Extreme.




  • #2
    Nice flying bud
    Can i ask what throttle curve you're using?
    DX8

    Phoenix
    RealFlight 7

    Mcpx BL

    Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

    Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

    Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, I'm using a flat line in IU of 75%

      Comment


      • #4
        Spin 8000KV powerrr !

        I'm currently on 80% flat, but think I'll give 75% a go
        DX8

        Phoenix
        RealFlight 7

        Mcpx BL

        Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

        Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

        Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
          I'm currently on 80% flat, but think I'll give 75% a go
          +1 on plenty of power, i had a little stir of the sticks on MarkG-R1 's straight after flying my own stock one, and it is a big step in torque, revs stay very constant too, impressed !
          Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

          Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice flying! Also get a good flight time still. Impressed
            Jack

            Team KDS factory pilot flying the..

            Agile 7.2 & 5.5

            All controlled by the awesome Futaba 14SG

            Sponsored by:
            Climb
            -Out
            Optifuel && Optipower
            MidlandHelicopters
            Kontronik ESC & Motors


            Comment


            • #7
              Cant wait to fit mine , one question about fitting, do you have to take the skids & controller off to get at the motor screws ?

              Dan

              Goblin 500
              | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
              Spektrum DX8


              GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

              Comment


              • #8
                Spin 8000KV powerrr !

                I took the skids off and slid the controller forward to get at the screws, no need to remove completely
                DX8

                Phoenix
                RealFlight 7

                Mcpx BL

                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                  I took the skids off and slid the controller forward to get at the screws, no need to remove completely
                  Cheers Mark, nice little job for me to do this evening

                  Dan

                  Goblin 500
                  | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                  Spektrum DX8


                  GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Spin 8000KV powerrr !

                    Hey lads where you getting the motors from and are you using stock speed controller .????
                    TREX 600 pro V-BAR

                    TREX 500 V-BAR
                    DFC

                    BLADE 130x

                    DX7

                    PHOENIX




                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SLIPPERY STEVENS View Post
                      Hey lads where you getting the motors from and are you using stock speed controller .????
                      Got mine from : radio controlled shop radio controlled helicopters radio controlled planes remote control cars RC boats align rc trex heli os en - Radio Controlled Shop

                      Although FL have them : http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/spin...0-p-21576.html

                      Use the stock ESC without issue from what I've read.

                      Dan

                      Goblin 500
                      | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                      Spektrum DX8


                      GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Spin 8000KV powerrr !

                        I'm using the stock esc with no problems but you can't exceed 85% throttle or it will cut out
                        TBH with 85% you'd have a headspeed of roughly 50 million rpm anyway

                        I'm currently on 80% but going to try 75%
                        DX8

                        Phoenix
                        RealFlight 7

                        Mcpx BL

                        Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                        Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                        Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah, you take the skids and move the controller forward. Although I did find it extremely fiddly

                          You can use the stock ESC, but as Mark said don't exceed over 80% as you could damage the ESC\controller. I find 75% provides plenty of power for what I need.

                          Anyones welcome to try mine out at GR in December

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Took mine out,to aggressive on the gear train...main gears chaffing,D in rear TT gear rounding out...flies fine on stock motor with reduced endpoint on the pitch.

                            Got a minute flight time back...sweeeet
                            T- rex 600n V-bar
                            Logo 550sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I can get 4 mins on my 130X as you can tell by the vid.

                              In my other video from the same day, the tail hit the ground and rounded the gear, the heli crashed right at my feet

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X