Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

    Just wondering if anyone can help with setup of the 130 on an 8FG? I have one of Steves modules and it binds ok. Swash and tail etc moves in the right direction but when I apply collective/power the cyclic moves in a strange way causing a tip over forward and sideways and the tail servo moves. I've read somewhere about using subtrim to stop this but I don't know enough about setting up this heli.

    Any help much appreciated, particularly if you're running this model off a Futaba.

    Cheers

    Dani
    Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

    SAB
    Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
    Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
    Trex 500 FBL /
    Beast X
    Futaba 8FG

    Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards


  • #2
    Not familiar with the 130X, but is the model type correct? Being FBL, I'd assume it needs H1?
    Harry

    Mikado Logo 700 | VBar Neo | JR HV Servos | Pyro 750-50L | Kontronik Kosmik 160HV + buffer pack|
    Thunder Tiger G4 E720 | CGY760 FBL | BLS272SV + BLS276SV | Align 800MX Dom 440kv | Kontronik PowerJive 120HV + Opti UltraGuard |
    SAB Kraken 580 6S | Spirit FBL | BLS173SV + BLS276SV | HK4025 1100kV | Kontronik Kolibri 140LV + Opti UltraGuard |


    And a pillow for the doghouse...

    Powered by Futaba 18SZ

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Dani,
      I tried as did Mark to get a 130 to work with Steve's adapter, no good, Yes use sub trim till you get no interactions on any of the controls, to do it you need to hold the heli in your hand then power up till the rotors are spinning, then make adjustments, stop the rotors and try again till nothing moves other than the swash lifting with pitch, when it's like that fly.
      We found that after you remove the lipo and plug in a new charged one you have to start again. I gave up and got a DX8, now it's plug and play, lipo & fly,
      they are great little machines, love mine
      Paul.
      2 x TDR II Bavarian Demon AXON, Pyro Comp 850/50, Kosmik cool 200, Futaba BLS, 15s
      TDR Bavarian Demon 3X, Pyro Comp 750/56, Kosmik cool, 14s, Savox: SB-2282SG, SB-2283SG Tail
      TD
      R
      Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro 750/56 comp Kosmik Cool 200, Savox,
      Logo 600SE, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro700/52, 80HV,
      Logo 480 xxtreme, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Scorpion, Savox, YGE,

      Comment


      • #4
        Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

        Originally posted by Paulice View Post
        Hi Dani,
        I tried as did Mark to get a 130 to work with Steve's adapter, no good, Yes use sub trim till you get no interactions on any of the controls, to do it you need to hold the heli in your hand then power up till the rotors are spinning, then make adjustments, stop the rotors and try again till nothing moves other than the swash lifting with pitch, when it's like that fly.
        We found that after you remove the lipo and plug in a new charged one you have to start again. I gave up and got a DX8, now it's plug and play, lipo & fly,
        they are great little machines, love mine
        Well that's rather annoying! Lol. I wonder why it doesn't work properly? This was the model I bought it for!
        Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

        SAB
        Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
        Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
        Trex 500 FBL /
        Beast X
        Futaba 8FG

        Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Paulice View Post
          I gave up and got a DX8, now it's plug and play, lipo & fly,
          Music to my ears reading that from you Paul, The most dedicated Futaba fan on the planet..

          Sorry I couldnt resist.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yep, got to go with Paul's comments above, the 130 is no good with Steve's module. Neither will it run the Nano.

            In both cases you can spend 5 mins getting the trims right for a 3 minute flight but power down the model and you need to start over. Just get a toy TX for the toy shop models LOL

            sigpic Trex 700 OS91,Vbar,S9254,DS610,NHP
            Trex600LE, OS50,Vbar,LTG6100,DS610X4,NHP
            Raptor 30V1 Maverick Head
            OctoCopter
            Futaba 14SG


            Guinness World Record Pilot 2011/12



            Comment


            • #7
              PS There's a full range DSM/DSMX/DSM2 module just days away from release (source RR)

              sigpic Trex 700 OS91,Vbar,S9254,DS610,NHP
              Trex600LE, OS50,Vbar,LTG6100,DS610X4,NHP
              Raptor 30V1 Maverick Head
              OctoCopter
              Futaba 14SG


              Guinness World Record Pilot 2011/12



              Comment


              • #8
                the other way, i have found that works well, is to remove the motor three lead plug, power up your TX, wait 5 or so seconds, then have your 130x a few metres away on a flat surface, hook up the 130x lipo, make sure the heli doesnt move and sits flat, the blue light should come on solid, move the throttle stick to mid stick, then sit and watch the swash and tail servos, if any of them move in one direction add sub trim until the servos remains still without wandering off, you may need to bring the swash back to centre or the tail servo back to centre, and sit and watch again, until it will sit there with no servo movement other than a small bit of chattering were the servo hunts side to side by a fraction, dont worry about the chatter, just look for the servo trying to reel in one direction and stop it.
                Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by busterboy View Post
                  Music to my ears reading that from you Paul, The most dedicated Futaba fan on the planet..

                  Sorry I couldnt resist.
                  But you know Tim, I still have proper TX for the valuable helis LMAO

                  Originally posted by Mslater View Post
                  Just get a toy TX for the toy shop models LOL
                  Could not have said it better myself
                  Paul.
                  2 x TDR II Bavarian Demon AXON, Pyro Comp 850/50, Kosmik cool 200, Futaba BLS, 15s
                  TDR Bavarian Demon 3X, Pyro Comp 750/56, Kosmik cool, 14s, Savox: SB-2282SG, SB-2283SG Tail
                  TD
                  R
                  Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro 750/56 comp Kosmik Cool 200, Savox,
                  Logo 600SE, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro700/52, 80HV,
                  Logo 480 xxtreme, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Scorpion, Savox, YGE,

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

                    Originally posted by Mslater View Post
                    PS There's a full range DSM/DSMX/DSM2 module just days away from release (source RR)
                    Any more info on this? I assume this is still for the modular Futaba radios?
                    Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

                    SAB
                    Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
                    Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
                    Trex 500 FBL /
                    Beast X
                    Futaba 8FG

                    Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

                      Originally posted by Mike00top View Post
                      the other way, i have found that works well, is to remove the motor three lead plug, power up your TX, wait 5 or so seconds, then have your 130x a few metres away on a flat surface, hook up the 130x lipo, make sure the heli doesnt move and sits flat, the blue light should come on solid, move the throttle stick to mid stick, then sit and watch the swash and tail servos, if any of them move in one direction add sub trim until the servos remains still without wandering off, you may need to bring the swash back to centre or the tail servo back to centre, and sit and watch again, until it will sit there with no servo movement other than a small bit of chattering were the servo hunts side to side by a fraction, dont worry about the chatter, just look for the servo trying to reel in one direction and stop it.
                      Are you using one of Steves adapters on an 8FG?
                      Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

                      SAB
                      Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
                      Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
                      Trex 500 FBL /
                      Beast X
                      Futaba 8FG

                      Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here you go Futaba to Spektrum adapter module

                        I'll start a new thread - looks like it just went on sale But the site looks a little light of product so don't buy until you are confident they are in stock. I've emailed the site owner.
                        Last edited by Mslater; 24-11-2012, 10:59 PM.

                        sigpic Trex 700 OS91,Vbar,S9254,DS610,NHP
                        Trex600LE, OS50,Vbar,LTG6100,DS610X4,NHP
                        Raptor 30V1 Maverick Head
                        OctoCopter
                        Futaba 14SG


                        Guinness World Record Pilot 2011/12



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Setup on a Futaba 8FG issues

                          Originally posted by Mslater View Post
                          Here you go Futaba to Spektrum adapter module

                          I'll start a new thread - looks like it just went on sale But the site looks a little light of product so don't buy until you are confident they are in stock. I've emailed the site owner.
                          I saw a thread on HF ages ago about one of these. It's a DM8 module inside a DM9 case with a switch on I believe. Or at least the one I saw looks exactly the same as that. $100. I'll just buy a DX6i to save the hassle.

                          What my swash is doing is the same as this video that tomatwalden posted:

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHFmz...e_gdata_player

                          Send it back? Or try this subtrim thing?
                          Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

                          SAB
                          Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
                          Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
                          Trex 500 FBL /
                          Beast X
                          Futaba 8FG

                          Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Both mine do that and have from day 1, i just put it down to the gyro not being airborne. Fly o.k though. I admit i'm coming to the end of my patience with the 130's. Now if futaba made helis, wouldn't that be great
                            sigpic
                            7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                            6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                            Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                            HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                            WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                            Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dani_r View Post
                              I saw a thread on HF ages ago about one of these. It's a DM8 module inside a DM9 case with a switch on I believe. Or at least the one I saw looks exactly the same as that. $100. I'll just buy a DX6i to save the hassle.

                              What my swash is doing is the same as this video that tomatwalden posted:

                              130x swash plate problem - YouTube

                              Send it back? Or try this subtrim thing?
                              Yep that's what we get. The gyros don't activate until the throttle is applied so you don't see the problem until then. Sub trim it out. But you've got to do it every flight. It's only a problem with fbl stuff. Other bind an flys work fine.

                              sigpic Trex 700 OS91,Vbar,S9254,DS610,NHP
                              Trex600LE, OS50,Vbar,LTG6100,DS610X4,NHP
                              Raptor 30V1 Maverick Head
                              OctoCopter
                              Futaba 14SG


                              Guinness World Record Pilot 2011/12



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X