your heli falls out of the air.
Perfect morning, still, hard frost, clear blue skies and more importantly wife and kids out. Got jobs to do but thought I would put 6 packs through the 130x. Heli has been out of action for last two weeks due to me annihilating the plastic tail case with a heavy 'vertical boom into the ground landing!". First battery flying like a dream. Second battery........pop.........pirouetting.........thr ottle hold.........ground.
What was that.......walk over to the heli..........missing tail grip. Bolt must have come out/loose (Wish I had stripped and loctited now!!! lesson learnt!)........damn no more flying today.
Damage report. Missing tail grip and tail blade, tail spindle bent, nick out of trailing edge of main blade (tail blade must have caught it on the way past!)
Thank god it wasn't the 500 though.................
Piccies attached.
The question is, do I upgrade the tail blade grips to some 'shiney stuff' or stick with stock?
Perfect morning, still, hard frost, clear blue skies and more importantly wife and kids out. Got jobs to do but thought I would put 6 packs through the 130x. Heli has been out of action for last two weeks due to me annihilating the plastic tail case with a heavy 'vertical boom into the ground landing!". First battery flying like a dream. Second battery........pop.........pirouetting.........thr ottle hold.........ground.
What was that.......walk over to the heli..........missing tail grip. Bolt must have come out/loose (Wish I had stripped and loctited now!!! lesson learnt!)........damn no more flying today.
Damage report. Missing tail grip and tail blade, tail spindle bent, nick out of trailing edge of main blade (tail blade must have caught it on the way past!)
Thank god it wasn't the 500 though.................
Piccies attached.
The question is, do I upgrade the tail blade grips to some 'shiney stuff' or stick with stock?





Comment