Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x crash

    Hi,

    Got at 130x for my birthday yesterday and it looks like I have broken it already

    When I now spin it up the (sorry dont know the part name) the arm for the 3 servo's wobble side to side like the main shaft is bent or a bearing is knackered, the heli crashed at an angle with the blades hitting the ground first, any idea if it would be the shaftor the bearing? It seems to fly ok after start up but I'm assuming its not too healthy to fly it like this, I also notice that the metal gear on the main shaft seems to be a little to close to the front servo possible just touching it!!!! Any help appreciated.

    Thanks
    darren

  • #2
    Originally posted by darrena View Post
    Hi,

    Got at 130x for my birthday yesterday and it looks like I have broken it already

    When I now spin it up the (sorry dont know the part name) the arm for the 3 servo's wobble side to side like the main shaft is bent or a bearing is knackered, the heli crashed at an angle with the blades hitting the ground first, any idea if it would be the shaftor the bearing? It seems to fly ok after start up but I'm assuming its not too healthy to fly it like this, I also notice that the metal gear on the main shaft seems to be a little to close to the front servo possible just touching it!!!! Any help appreciated.

    Thanks
    darren
    Hi darren
    if you think you main shaft is bent remove it from the helicopter and roll across a fla t surface if there is a bend you should be able to see it like this.....
    also the gear which is close to the servo is normal on the 130 some say it touches others say there is a slight gap.....something horizon may address in the future.
    hope this helps.
    liam
    Taort 450 pro v2 fbl
    mz18

    proud owner of 2 egs

    sponsored by :

    KBDD International Pilot







    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Liam,
      I have removed the head, swash plate and all the screws holding the shaft. I left the main gear on pushed the shaft down so it spun freely away from the motor and used the slotted slider that runs paralell to the the shaft as a reference point and it looks perfectly straight.
      I would assume that this mean the swash plate is somehow knackered?

      If so would you suggest buying a stock replacement of XTREME one which is only about a fiver more?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by darrena View Post
        Thanks Liam,
        I have removed the head, swash plate and all the screws holding the shaft. I left the main gear on pushed the shaft down so it spun freely away from the motor and used the slotted slider that runs paralell to the the shaft as a reference point and it looks perfectly straight.
        I would assume that this mean the swash plate is somehow knackered?

        If so would you suggest buying a stock replacement of XTREME one which is only about a fiver more?
        i would suggest removing your shaft completley and rolling along a flat surface the bend may be slight but will affect.
        the movemnt your talking about sounds like vibration? or do you mean your control rods moving up or down?
        as for your swash i cannot really comment as i still fly with the standard swash.
        liam
        Taort 450 pro v2 fbl
        mz18

        proud owner of 2 egs

        sponsored by :

        KBDD International Pilot







        Comment


        • #5
          Hi,
          It was the push rods that where vibrating / wiggling
          Rebuilt it and it seems less of an issue however now that I have reflown the heli when landing the tail got stuck in some longer grass meaning that the tail blades jamed and the "A" gear (the large metal one) has lost all its teeth and the rear blade sease to work. I'm not doing too well here.......These break a lot more easily then the MSR dont they!
          I will strip it down check the main shaft order a new gear and maybe a swash if the shaft is ok. This thing is going to cost me a bomb if I dont find some flying skill quick!

          Comment


          • #6
            Its not possible to bend carbon, which the 130x shaft is. The shaft is fine, unless its split. Test this by holding the main gear and gently twisting the head. If the shaft feels excessively "springy" when you twist it, you may have split it, but they still fly fine even with this.

            My recommendation is to check the bearings in the frame and also the swashplate ball. Its not normal to be able to hurt a swashplate aside from snapping off the ball links to the head.

            Personally I say if it flies fine then leave it. Is it the swashplate jumping around as you spool up, or the servos jumping (Making the swashplate jump)

            If its the latter you could have bent your feathering shaft inside the head, creating vibrations and making the servos spaz out. Cnan you post a video?
            NONE OF THE BELOW HELI'S ARE OWNED BY ME ANY MORE
            TT Raptor G4 + Vbar
            | MCPX V1 + HP05 Brushless & All the upgrades | 130x Stock | Henseleit TDR 2013 +Vbar | 450L DOMINATOR 6S + Mini Kbar | Logo 550SX +Vbar Mini
            Proud wearer of the EGS award!

            Comment


            • #7
              The gear I think your referring to (The crown gear that is the big one inside the heli on the main shaft that interfaces with the torque tube gear) is not metal, its plastic - thats why the gears strip.

              You can order a metal one:

              BLH3735 Optional Metal Bevel Gear

              If youve stripped that, you also would have ruined these:

              BLH3736 Rear Tail Gear Set w/Collar

              Always keep a set of those gears, they are a weak point. The one that goes on the torque tube itself at the back of the tail boom has a small D shaped hole in it. This rounds out, meaning you lose tail control but its not always easy to spot.
              NONE OF THE BELOW HELI'S ARE OWNED BY ME ANY MORE
              TT Raptor G4 + Vbar
              | MCPX V1 + HP05 Brushless & All the upgrades | 130x Stock | Henseleit TDR 2013 +Vbar | 450L DOMINATOR 6S + Mini Kbar | Logo 550SX +Vbar Mini
              Proud wearer of the EGS award!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by darrena View Post
                Hi,
                It was the push rods that where vibrating / wiggling
                Rebuilt it and it seems less of an issue however now that I have reflown the heli when landing the tail got stuck in some longer grass meaning that the tail blades jamed and the "A" gear (the large metal one) has lost all its teeth and the rear blade sease to work. I'm not doing too well here.......These break a lot more easily then the MSR dont they!
                I will strip it down check the main shaft order a new gear and maybe a swash if the shaft is ok. This thing is going to cost me a bomb if I dont find some flying skill quick!
                Take a close look at the swashplate. Sometimes the inner bearing pops out slightly, meaning the swash sits at an angle. It can be pushed back in (until it clicks) with a bit of effort.
                Tom
                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                .... and a Gaui X3
                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                ... and two EGS'



                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by darrena View Post
                  Hi,
                  It was the push rods that where vibrating / wiggling
                  Rebuilt it and it seems less of an issue however now that I have reflown the heli when landing the tail got stuck in some longer grass meaning that the tail blades jamed and the "A" gear (the large metal one) has lost all its teeth and the rear blade sease to work. I'm not doing too well here.......These break a lot more easily then the MSR dont they!
                  I will strip it down check the main shaft order a new gear and maybe a swash if the shaft is ok. This thing is going to cost me a bomb if I dont find some flying skill quick!
                  glad to hear that sorry darren i forgot the shat was carbon myself doh!
                  hope you have better look and no these are not as forgivign than the msr
                  Taort 450 pro v2 fbl
                  mz18

                  proud owner of 2 egs

                  sponsored by :

                  KBDD International Pilot







                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks all, anyone know of a good screwdriver I can buy that doesnt round these little screws off, the one they supply seems to be too big

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      draper profesional are superb, the multicoloured anodized ones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Eflites own scredriver set, arent to bad for screw drivers, ( a bit soft for hex drivers)

                        Stanley from B&Q do some great budget screw drivers at the moment black handles with yellow flashes in them, fit a treat on the blade range

                        or if you really want to spend on some quality stuff look for brands like Snap-On, Irazola, Facom, CK, Wera, Bacho,
                        Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                        Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Any idea what size it should be as the one supplied is too big and has no size on it
                          Last edited by darrena; 19-11-2012, 06:09 PM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X