Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 130x, servos not responding well when in power

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New 130x, servos not responding well when in power

    Hi!

    I'm new to heli world and I bought a brand new 130x.

    When I was trying it, I observe that when on power (throttle) the servos don't respond like they should. They stick sometimes in last position.

    For example, move the stick and swash plate moves to that position, but when I loose the stick to the centre position, the swash plate stays still... only after few tries or after slow down throttle it responds.

    Is this my bad for not knowing how to use it well, or is this the BEC problem that some people talk about?

    I tried it with default options and after that with 130x program in my DX8, it was the same on both situations.

    Regards!

  • #2
    Can you maybe post up a video so we can see and hear whats happening? How does the swash and servos respond when the heli is sat with throttle hold on? Just moving the Cyclic on its own. If you are spooling it up while moving the cyclic it can cause problems. Better to spool it up and get it in the air with no cyclic. But if your servos are sticking when no throttle is applied then it sounds like a problem that may need HH to look at. But i'm no 130 expert to be fair

    Is this literally your first helicopter? If so you may be in for a steep learning curve. But there are plenty of people on here that can help you through the early stages with advice.
    Stainburn Helicopter Club
    Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
    Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
    MSH Protos 380


    Vbar Control

    Comment


    • #3
      As Adam has said a video would be helpful to understand what is going on.

      It sounds like what you are seeing is the effect of the flybarless system behaving normally.
      With Throttle Hold turned on the gyros are not active and the swash should follow the movement of the cyclic stick. However, with TH turned off the gyros are active. The servos will move to follow the cyclic stick, but on the ground the heli will not move in response so the servos remain where they are waiting for the heli to respond unless you give opposite control inputs or turn off TH.

      Comment


      • #4
        This sounds like normal behaviour to me. You can test the AS3X system as follows:

        Unplug the motor, and then spool up the heli in your hand. This will enable the AS3X system. Tilt the heli in different directions and you should see the swash try to stay level. If it does, then your heli is fine as far as the servos/AS3X are concerned.
        Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
        Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          Last 2 posts hold your answer
          T- rex 600n V-bar
          Logo 550sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

          Comment

          Working...
          X