Having suffered at the hands of my newbie-ness my 130x was very worse for wear with the main issue being a stripped bevel gear that drives to torque tube.
I rebuilt it with new blades, new skids, new canopy, new upgraded metal bevel gear and assembled with a little ptfe grease on the gears. It runs so smooth and quiet now and has hardly any of the tail shimmy/tail drift it used to suffer with.
To top it off I just managed 4 back to back flights doing circuits to the left and right along with figure eights and all without misshap!
It was so nice to have had a good session with each flight starting with a good take off and ending with a smooth landin (been practicing those) i am really enjoying flying helis now!
I have even negotiated the swap of my beloved, but seldom used eflite sukhoi for a t rex 250!
Keep rockin!
Gary
I rebuilt it with new blades, new skids, new canopy, new upgraded metal bevel gear and assembled with a little ptfe grease on the gears. It runs so smooth and quiet now and has hardly any of the tail shimmy/tail drift it used to suffer with.
To top it off I just managed 4 back to back flights doing circuits to the left and right along with figure eights and all without misshap!
It was so nice to have had a good session with each flight starting with a good take off and ending with a smooth landin (been practicing those) i am really enjoying flying helis now!
I have even negotiated the swap of my beloved, but seldom used eflite sukhoi for a t rex 250!
Keep rockin!
Gary


"Getting Bigger By Being Better"
Comment