Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm... my custom Fusuno canopy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hmmm... my custom Fusuno canopy

    Well, I finally got my hands on my custom fusuno canopy and I'm about 90% happy....

    I got them to do me the skyhorse design but with pink details to match the KBDD pink blades and with my name on the side, plus the removal of the 130X logo

    Generally speaking it came out well and I love the colour. The lines are for the most part very neat with only a couple of areas of tiny imperfection which I can understand on a canopy this small and are almost completely un-noticeable unless you are looking closely (and let's face it this thing is to fly, not to put in an art gallery and inspect under the microscope).

    However, there is something odd going on with the window... you can probably see it best in the last pic although the shinyness makes it harder to see - it stands out more in real life.... they did a normal sort of window with a white centre fading out but then it stops abruptly on the sides. looks as though they made a nice window and then put a strip of masking tape down the middle and blew over it with blue again. Looks very odd to me and I don't understand why they would do it like that? I saw a (side on) pic before they clear coated and I got them to tidy up a couple of lines and make the text smaller, but I didn't spot this odd window design.... am I just being ridiculous or should I question it? The stock skyhorse doesn't have this, which is why I find it surprising.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM.
    Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

    sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

  • #2
    If none of their other work has this, then I think yours should be fixed as it is likely a mistake. If some of their work has this, e.g. customer request or a published design option, then it will come down to what was communicated in the original spec and agreed in the proof pictures.

    If you knew the painter intentionally did that to enhance the lines, would you be happier or would you still prefer it without?

    How much did it cost for this?

    Comment


    • #3
      If you take a look at the fusuno site (which I did, as I keep finding myself tempted to get a second canopy for my logo 500), it would seem that the Sky Horse canopy they advertise in their custom canopy section has exactly that design, with the solid line across the window. I'm not quite sure why it has that - you would think that the white fade would look best fading all the way out - but seeing as that's how it is advertised, I don't think you have a great case for complaint.

      FUC-B130X002 FUSUNO Sky Horse Airbrush Fiberglass Canopy Blade 130 X

      I would say though that you have a case for feedback - perhaps letting them know that you think the canopy would look better with a smooth fade rather than that hard line. You never know - perhaps being a 'good customer' might lead to something good coming out of it. . .
      Raptor G4 - Radix 690s, OS 91HZ, Spartan Vortex v3, MKS HV servos, OptiFuel 20%
      Logo 600sx - Edge 603s, Turnigy 120HV - Scorpion 4035-500 - Mini Vbar - Savox servos
      Logo 550sx - Edge 553s, Turnigy 100LV - Scorpion 4025-1100 - Mini Vbar - Futaba 451/251s
      Blade 130X moneypit shelved

      Comment


      • #4
        Fussy git

        Just fly the damn thing

        Looks great
        T- rex 600n V-bar
        Logo 550sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

        VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mattscupoftea View Post
          If you take a look at the fusuno site (which I did, as I keep finding myself tempted to get a second canopy for my logo 500), it would seem that the Sky Horse canopy they advertise in their custom canopy section has exactly that design, with the solid line across the window. I'm not quite sure why it has that - you would think that the white fade would look best fading all the way out - but seeing as that's how it is advertised, I don't think you have a great case for complaint.

          FUC-B130X002 FUSUNO Sky Horse Airbrush Fiberglass Canopy Blade 130 X
          Hmmm, interesting.

          The design I had seen was this one (attached) and you can see the window has a (imo) better looking pattern. I hadn't really even considered the window would come back with a strange design so I wasn't looking that closely... I asked for the Skyhorse with pink, no logo and my name and clearly they were just working to a slightly different skyhorse design than the one I had seen. Other than the questionable design choice on the window I'm very happy with it - I just recommend to anyone who does go the custom route, be sure to check very closely on the proof photo! In hindsight I should have caught it and I also would have asked for a bit more highlight in the blue areas like the attached pic, and some harder outlines.

          I do have an airbrush so if it really bugs me perhaps I will end up fixing the window myself lol.

          Bladestriker - I know mate, I know. I'm just a knob sometimes lol. I'll just fly it until I trash it and then I have an excuse to try again!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 06-11-2012, 12:44 PM.
          Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

          sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the band is needed to give the canopy a glass effect under flat light. Otherwise, the canopy would look cheap and plastic rather than glass-like. I also think the plainer band you have is better on yours, you don't want anything fussy to compete with your name and the pink design elements.

            Overall, I think the design adds to the overall effect. It is only when you focus in on that particular part it looks odd in isolation But people aren't going to do that unless you instruct them to. It took me a while to actually work out what you were referring to.

            Comment


            • #7
              lookin good mate !

              i have a perfectionist mate, and all his heli's and planks are totally outstanding, so i can understand your thought process, nowt wrong with havin it right ! i just go an fly it me, however i do go so far as to have matching canopies etc, all my blades are blue and my trexs are red and yellow
              Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

              Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

              Comment


              • #8
                I have the same cano,my screen is the same as yours.....i have 130X on the dark blue bit,perhaps it was designed for the lettering.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	1873633
                T- rex 600n V-bar
                Logo 550sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                Comment


                • #9
                  When you've cracked the clear coat getting it on and off over and over and getting the grommets in you will soon forget about it, oh and bounced it off the ground countless times..i know i did.
                  sigpic
                  7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                  6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                  Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                  HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                  WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                  Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lol... I had read they hold up fairly well to some abuse - I take it this isn't your experience Heathy?

                    I think mike does have a point though - when you step back and view it as a whole it doesn't really stand out as much. I would prefer it without the strange window but I'm still happy overall (as I said in my first post, I'm 90% happy anyway lol).

                    Bladestriker - you may well have a point. Funny they remove the text but leave the band though! How are you finding it holds up? I suppose you aren't doing as much crashing as us mortals though
                    Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                    sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I crash a lot,mainly brain farts hitting hold.I rarely fly over anything other than long grass.Bit mines still like New,easy to get off and on.
                      T- rex 600n V-bar
                      Logo 550sx V-bar
                      Logo 600sx V-bar
                      Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                      VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hmmm... my custom Fusuno canopy

                        Lets not forget your a Jedi on the sticks Nick. Mines been in more times than I can remember and the clear coat is *******. Just as well I got 2 at the same time.
                        sigpic
                        7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                        6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                        Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                        HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                        WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                        Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mines had a few crashes, but held up OK. Now getting the bl**dy grommets in - that's a different matter!
                          Tom
                          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                          .... and a Gaui X3
                          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                          ... and two EGS'



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Didn't find the grommets too hard - just ran through the holes with a drill bit of the same size as the stock canopy and they then plugged in easily.

                            I must admit, she's looking pretty!
                            Attached Files
                            Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                            sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks great
                              T- rex 600n V-bar
                              Logo 550sx V-bar
                              Logo 600sx V-bar
                              Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                              VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X