Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130..bought one, but..!??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130..bought one, but..!??

    Bought one at the 3D. Just had a chance to fly it.

    Set up on the 6xi as per manual.

    But, it has a tail 'twitch' which is a bit annoying and in idle-up wants to shake itself to death (100% throttle) and has a screeching sound like the main gears/mast/bearings need a drop of oil.

    I've had to drop idle-up to 80% to get rid of the problem.
    By tail twitch I mean the tail shakes slightly in the hover left & right whilst holding a general heading.

    I may be judging a little early as I've only flown it a few times out of the box, but I have to say first impressions are a little disappointed compared to the Mcpx out of the box.

    Should I have waited for V2?

    David
    Happy Landings.
    David

    Winner of SEVEN of the BEST (Eddie Gold Stars)...humbled!

    Raptor 50. OS50
    Century Bell 47G in Yellow - Beautiful!
    Mcpx
    Blade 130x
    Goblin 500

  • #2
    You may need to adjust the gain a bit, lots of videos on youtube of how to do this


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by David Drew View Post

      I may be judging a little early as I've only flown it a few times out of the box, but I have to say first impressions are a little disappointed compared to the Mcpx out of the box.

      Should I have waited for V2?

      David
      You would have had a long wait
      O- Rings could be your best friend here, I put them on the swash and tail grips before I even flew her
      (If you don't have O Rings, you can use the spare canopy grommets supplied in the box)
      There needs to be some slop in this bird but not too much slop and not too tight either, just need to tweak it a bit until she flies smooth then you'll have a smile on your face
      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

      Comment


      • #4
        Try backing off the boom from inside the frame,all the ones i have seen have too much pressure on the small metal gear where its pressed in too tight.

        Also,check the little servo nut on the tail servo has been tightened enough.
        T- rex 600n V-bar
        Logo 550sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

        VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by David Drew View Post
          Bought one at the 3D. Just had a chance to fly it.

          Set up on the 6xi as per manual.

          But, it has a tail 'twitch' which is a bit annoying and in idle-up wants to shake itself to death (100% throttle) and has a screeching sound like the main gears/mast/bearings need a drop of oil.

          I've had to drop idle-up to 80% to get rid of the problem.
          By tail twitch I mean the tail shakes slightly in the hover left & right whilst holding a general heading.

          I may be judging a little early as I've only flown it a few times out of the box, but I have to say first impressions are a little disappointed compared to the Mcpx out of the box.

          Should I have waited for V2?

          David
          Hi David.

          If it makes you feel any better I bought mine on friday, Flew it today and one of the servos stopped working and also I have that screeching sound too, I am unsure as to what that noise is but for someone with a lot of mechanical sympathy it sounds bloody awful.

          I am sending mine back to the supplier due to the servo failing on its first flight. I am wondering if I will get the same screeching sound on the replacement.

          To be honest over all I rate my Nano better but I guess I have not given it a chance yet, it seemed like it made a lot if un heathy noises and didn't really do a lot for me.

          Paul
          ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
          SPECTRUM DX8

          www.southhantshelis.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dogcow View Post
            You would have had a long wait
            O- Rings could be your best friend here, I put them on the swash and tail grips before I even flew her
            (If you don't have O Rings, you can use the spare canopy grommets supplied in the box)
            There needs to be some slop in this bird but not too much slop and not too tight either, just need to tweak it a bit until she flies smooth then you'll have a smile on your face
            Thanks for the tip.Can you explain where the O rings go & what they do.

            I see Paul has had the same issue re the screeching. What is that noise & what is the cure.?
            Thanks lads

            David
            Happy Landings.
            David

            Winner of SEVEN of the BEST (Eddie Gold Stars)...humbled!

            Raptor 50. OS50
            Century Bell 47G in Yellow - Beautiful!
            Mcpx
            Blade 130x
            Goblin 500

            Comment


            • #7
              The screeching will more than likely be the back of the torque tube running against the hollow tube that goes over the tail shaft, a bit of tweaking and it'll fly nice
              DX8

              Phoenix
              RealFlight 7

              Mcpx BL

              Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

              Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

              Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

              Comment


              • #8
                As said the cure would be to pull the tail boom out a bit to take the tension off the front gear
                DX8

                Phoenix
                RealFlight 7

                Mcpx BL

                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                  The screeching will more than likely be the back of the torque tube running against the hollow tube that goes over the tail shaft, a bit of tweaking and it'll fly nice
                  There is about 1/2 mm of play in the torque tube. I think that if I make this more one or other of the bevel gears will start to slip. However, I can see where the TT inner shaft has been rubbing against the tails haft & worn a groove in the tail shaft. On second thoughts I think pulling the boom back to just take up the slack & stop it touching the tail shaft may be worth doing.

                  Edit. On looking further, I can turn the TT gear on the back of the TT about 1/8th of a turn without it moving the gear on the front of the TT. I would have thought that they would be a tight fit on the shaft and would move together.

                  Regards
                  Last edited by David Drew; 14-10-2012, 05:07 PM.
                  Happy Landings.
                  David

                  Winner of SEVEN of the BEST (Eddie Gold Stars)...humbled!

                  Raptor 50. OS50
                  Century Bell 47G in Yellow - Beautiful!
                  Mcpx
                  Blade 130x
                  Goblin 500

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    David, can you post a picture of where you mean?

                    Soz I'm still struggling to see where this noise is coming from..

                    Paul
                    ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                    SPECTRUM DX8

                    www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by David Drew View Post
                      Thanks for the tip.Can you explain where the O rings go & what they do.

                      I see Paul has had the same issue re the screeching. What is that noise & what is the cure.?
                      Thanks lads

                      David
                      The O-Rings go on the swash ball links and on the blade grip balls to prevent too much slop and help the Heli fly more smooth with less tail wag and more control. The 130x actually comes with little O-Rings already in place but you can swap these out for the canopy grommets which are larger and a tighter fit I also put small O-Rings on the tail blade grips for the same reason.
                      As for the screeching, well something can't be set up right. Could be something binding, the gear mesh not right or the Boom pushed too far in which affects the gear mesh. I've heard grinding before but not screeching, as suggested it could just be one of the servos.
                      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by David Drew View Post

                        Edit. On looking further, I can turn the TT gear on the back of the TT about 1/8th of a turn without it moving the gear on the front of the TT. I would have thought that they would be a tight fit on the shaft and would move together.

                        Regards
                        Too tight and things BREAK! Hence why this Heli has a lot of slop in places and is so durable to crashing. This small give in the tail gear is perfectly normal, you only need to be concerned when the gear burrs and turns completely on its own, or the teeth get broken, then it's time to replace it.
                        SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks all. Some stuff to go at there.

                          I'll take a long hard look at it later in the week.

                          I have to say though. It really should fly aok once set up onto a Tx properly. Having to tweak it from new is a bit naff really.
                          Happy Landings.
                          David

                          Winner of SEVEN of the BEST (Eddie Gold Stars)...humbled!

                          Raptor 50. OS50
                          Century Bell 47G in Yellow - Beautiful!
                          Mcpx
                          Blade 130x
                          Goblin 500

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi David My one dose the same screeching noise I just fly it and after a while you get used to it .I tried some motor oil on the bearings but didn't think it made any difference we are used to hearing smooth running heliys. 1 thing I did was put a small bit of sellotape on 1 tail blade its a bit of try it and c if its any better Richard

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X