Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rackon tail grips thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rackon tail grips thoughts

    Hi all just wondering if any one astride any upgraded tail grips and your thoughts. I got the upgraded slider and in the process broke another ball of the grips so thinking of getting metal.
    Please let me know of your experiences with them


    Cheers

  • #2
    I had the rakon heli tail grips but the small screw that secures them to the tail shaft feel out during hovering, on closer inspection the thread on the small screw had been stripped, so i tried using the standard screw and it dosnt fit correctly as it makes the grip bind so I went bak to the originals. I only fly very mild 3d flips and rolls, but noticed no difference between the two parts. I think I will be sticking with the standard items if they need changing again.

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn't like the Rakon grips either and the KBDD blades didn't fit well without some cutting down of the root, which I think altered te balance.

      I've reverted to stock grips which are working well, but am waiting for the MH grips complete with shaft to arrive once in stock with Align Trex.

      Had to repair a separated wire on one of the cyclic servos today, that was fun!!! Talk about micro soldering 😝, it worked so well pleased.
      Align Trex450 Sport
      Blade 130X
      DX6i
      Phoenix

      Member sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Pantone 186C View Post

        Had to repair a separated wire on one of the cyclic servos today, that was fun!!! Talk about micro soldering , it worked so well pleased.
        Been there done that Tricky but was possible. I'm dreading having to do the same on my nano servos tho!
        As for RKH tail grips, I've got them but have to agree they are more bling than performance. Unlike the Tail Pitch Slider, Main Blade Grips and Swashplate however, that do improve on performance and feel
        SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dogcow View Post
          As for RKH tail grips, I've got them but have to agree they are more bling than performance. Unlike the Tail Pitch Slider, Main Blade Grips and Swashplate however, that do improve on performance and feel
          I agree, the tail pitch slider was a great improvement, interesting to hear your comments on main blade grips an swash plate, no doubt I'll end up fitting them at sometime in the near future.

          Still think the 130X is a great little bird. 👍
          Align Trex450 Sport
          Blade 130X
          DX6i
          Phoenix

          Member sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          X