Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any cheap canopy alternatives?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are there any cheap canopy alternatives?

    I busted my canopy last night when I was flying and lost power (battery probably died halfway), nothing else broken.
    I find it hard to surrender £11 for the small canopy replacement (plus they don't have the orange one I want)

    Anyone managed to find any alternative canopies for the 130x?

  • #2
    I'm still waiting for a canopy I pre ordered from RC Hero eight weeks ago have left a couple of messages on there web site but had no reply don't think I will be buying any more from them.
    The blade 120sr fits perfect and its a bits cheaper.
    Cheers Dave M.

    Trex 600N LE
    Trex 550E
    Trex 500 EFL PRO
    Trex 450 SPORT
    Blade130X
    Dx8

    Comment


    • #3
      I got an email from fusuno this morning about massive sale going on, but I couldn't see any for the 130x in it. I take its too badly damaged for a blue peter type fix lol

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah unfortunately it's too busted. there's an inch hole on one side and the other side has a slit in the shape of shark teeth. quite cool actually

        Comment


        • #5
          Bump, I was going to ask the same question.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by djm View Post
            I'm still waiting for a canopy I pre ordered from RC Hero eight weeks ago have left a couple of messages on there web site but had no reply don't think I will be buying any more from them.
            The blade 120sr fits perfect and its a bits cheaper.
            Hi Dave, I have replied to both your messages, can you check it hasnt mistakenly gone into your spam box.

            Unfortunately canopies have been a major problem for Horizon Hobbies, we have lots and lots of canopies on order but have yet to receive a single one! Dave yours has been allocated and the minute they arrive with us yours will be shipped out as a matter of urgency! We have been working hard to provide the best service possible and understand your concerns! We have been constantly asking for updates and dates on these but Horizon have no firm dates as of late.

            We would like to openly apologise for the delay & waiting time on these, if you wish for a refund please contact me via the website. Please however do not judge our service on an element that is outside of our control.

            I will also PM you a message with another option to resolve this.
            Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
            http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
            Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
            Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kylelnsn View Post
              Hi Dave, I have replied to both your messages, can you check it hasnt mistakenly gone into your spam box.

              Unfortunately canopies have been a major problem for Horizon Hobbies, we have lots and lots of canopies on order but have yet to receive a single one! Dave yours has been allocated and the minute they arrive with us yours will be shipped out as a matter of urgency! We have been working hard to provide the best service possible and understand your concerns! We have been constantly asking for updates and dates on these but Horizon have no firm dates as of late.

              We would like to openly apologise for the delay & waiting time on these, if you wish for a refund please contact me via the website. Please however do not judge our service on an element that is outside of our control.

              I will also PM you a message with another option to resolve this.
              I am so sorry and can't apologise enough, I checked my junk mail folder and your e-mails are there I am happy to wait now I know what's happened thanks.
              You offer of taking a canopy off a new model is very generous but not needed I will wait once again thank you.
              Cheers Dave M.

              Trex 600N LE
              Trex 550E
              Trex 500 EFL PRO
              Trex 450 SPORT
              Blade130X
              Dx8

              Comment


              • #8
                i'm still flying naked

                Comment


                • #9
                  There was a post a while ago from someone who made a canopy for one of the small Eflite helis. I think it involved gently warming something up. Some sort of packaging. There is a plastic you can buy from Maplin that costs about £10 and works in warmish water. A mould shouldn't be too difficult to make. Plaster of Paris would do. Sellotape works quite well. Or you could use tissue and dope.
                  Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                  Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                  Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                  Phoenix Sim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ^^ it's not this, is it? Polymorph : Educational School Kits : Maplin Electronics

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a green and black one you can have mate?

                      Just PM me your addy and I'll send it tomorrow.
                      Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                      sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey dude. thanks for that. please let me know how much you want.
                        I'll PM my address.
                        Would be good to have a canopy as orientation is hard on this 130x with no canopy and whilst the weather is nice, I would like to bring the heli to work and fly straight after work.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muscleflex View Post
                          That's the stuff. Haven't got round to using it but ifnit doesn't do what it says you can take it back.
                          Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                          Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                          Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                          Phoenix Sim

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X