Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get one???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I get one???

    Hi all,

    I have a 450 T-rex v2 and seem to shake like a leaf everytime I attempt to fly it so I purchased a E-Flight MSR and love it and seem to be able to fly it in the living room really well.
    Now I want to progress but still dont feel ready for the 450, I have looked at a 120 SR as the next step but concerned that I will be bored within a few weeks however on the other hand unsure as to whether I'm ready for a CP heli yet.

    How hard is the 130x to fly, is it much easier than say a 450 T-Rex and can it still be easily used in the living room for hovering etc

    My T-rex is CNC with full carbon so want to avoid the big repair bills until I have a little skill

    Your thoughts are appreciated

  • #2
    Hi Darrena,

    I love mine! I am a novice, started with a Trex 450 Sport V2 and had nothing but problems trying to get going. Bought a Raptor 50 and had a couple of lessons and finally became airborne

    Still very much a Noob flying with training gear etc.

    Bought the 130 to keep up the practice over the winter and just cant put it down. 8 packs through it today despite the wind and rain. I would say though that it is a bit frantic for your living room!! it just moves so fast!!!!!!!!!

    Many will say practice on a sim and I am sure that is good advice for most but I just find I want to be flying and the 130 is so resilient that it just bounces and comes back for more. OK will admit I had to change the 'A' gear for the optional metal one but WOWeee what a difference.

    Sorry to ramble on but it is just my opinion GET ONE! Others will add their own thoughts soon I am sure.

    Best of luck whatever you do
    Central Model Heli Club. #keeprchelisalive

    ​Guinness World Record Pilot 2013!

    sigpic thank you.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you love your MSR for indoor practice, you may want to check out the new Nano CPX CP heli, a lot easier than a mCPX to handle indoor or outdoor and a natural progression from the MSR/mSRX. I own an mSRX, a 130x and a Nano CPX, the Nano felt totally natural after learning on the mSRX, the 130x however flys much more like a bigger Heli and has a lot of power for its size. I actually got the 130x as a crash test dummy before I attempt to fly my T-Rex 450 Pro like yourself, and it was a very good move It's a brilliant trainer, but over the winter I really think the little Nano is worth a look. Forget the 120 SR it's dated now and the mCPX has been out done by the Nano. Also your MSR batteries will all fit the new Nano too
      130X is fantastic but you can't learn to fly it indoors, it's too big and powerful.
      Last edited by dogcow; 30-09-2012, 07:59 PM.
      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

      Comment


      • #4
        Get the 130x just does not compare with a wonky 450, if you can hover a msr you can fly 130x or you could consider the mcp x.
        Last edited by tourerjim; 30-09-2012, 07:59 PM.
        Today's outlook is fine for flying.
        • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
        • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
        • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
        • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
        • Flickr Through My Pictures.
        • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah get a 130X really great machine!!! And great prices!

          The thing with the 130X is that it removes the fear factor and lets you relax into and enjoy your flying. From what your saying I think you will really enjoy the 130X!
          Last edited by kylelnsn; 30-09-2012, 08:12 PM.
          Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
          http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
          Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
          Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


          Comment


          • #6
            Personally I got an mcpx after my 450 for the same reasons - I found the 450 quite scary at the time. The mcpx moved me on massively.

            That said, I bought the 130x as soon as it came out, and IMO, it's sooooooooo much better! It removes the fear factor considerably and is a fantastic heli to fly.

            My 130x is now the heli I fly the most by a country mile. Also, I'm getting better and more confident with the 450 due to learning on the 130x.

            My advice : buy one, no question!
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment


            • #7
              Yes the 130X is an amazing Heli but the OP did ask if it can easily be used in the living room! I don't think so for a beginner, but agreed that it's a perfect trainer for outdoor.

              Originally posted by darrena View Post

              How hard is the 130x to fly, is it much easier than say a 450 T-Rex and can it still be easily used in the living room for hovering etc
              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

              Comment


              • #8
                The little nano is a super tough little heli. We took one to champs this weekend everyone who had a go stacked it at some point! We just picked it up and launched it off again. At circa £89 "you cant fall off it" as they say Out of the box bound straight to an empty model memory on a dx8 its twitchy but flyable even by novices with a little tweaking it will be a great learning tool
                Ron

                hobby-hangar.co.uk
                SWRCH-GO big or Go home!
                http://www.ultimatebuildandfly.co.uk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dogcow View Post
                  Yes the 130X is an amazing Heli but the OP did ask if it can easily be used in the living room! I don't think so for a beginner, but agreed that it's a perfect trainer for outdoor.
                  I agree & you should be outside with this hobby where the fun begins, sitting in an armchair is never going to get you into this fun packed hobby
                  Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                  • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                  • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                  • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                  • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                  • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                  • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dogcow View Post
                    Yes the 130X is an amazing Heli but the OP did ask if it can easily be used in the living room! I don't think so for a beginner, but agreed that it's a perfect trainer for outdoor.
                    Yup. forgot that bit. Personally I've even found the mcpx too fast for indoor learning, unless you just want to practise hovering! Certainly the 130X is only usable inside if you've got a sports hall or some other huge space. Otherwise, it's pretty much outdoor only.

                    For a newbie however, I don't think any CP heli is realistically usable indoor in the same way that small fixed-pitch helis are.
                    Tom
                    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                    .... and a Gaui X3
                    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                    ... and two EGS'



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks everyone couldnt of hoped for more feedback,
                      How does the 130x cope with the wind and what sort of wind speed is it usable up to for a novice?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by darrena View Post
                        thanks everyone couldnt of hoped for more feedback,
                        How does the 130x cope with the wind and what sort of wind speed is it usable up to for a novice?
                        sounds like you have set your heart on a 130X
                        It handles brilliantly in the wind, I'm a noob and i don't get nervous unless the wind is over 10/15mph.
                        SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by darrena View Post
                          thanks everyone couldnt of hoped for more feedback,
                          How does the 130x cope with the wind and what sort of wind speed is it usable up to for a novice?
                          Handles the wind really well - needs to be really blustery to give it any real problems. The AS3X keeps it stable even then. If anything I've found that gusts can cause it to rise/fall vertically, but it seems to stay locked into it's position over the ground.
                          Tom
                          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                          .... and a Gaui X3
                          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                          ... and two EGS'



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Whilst we've still got gaps of nice days between the rotten weather best to get one quick before the winter does close in on us.
                            Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                            • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                            • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                            • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                            • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                            • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                            • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                              Handles the wind really well - needs to be really blustery to give it any real problems. The AS3X keeps it stable even then. If anything I've found that gusts can cause it to rise/fall vertically, but it seems to stay locked into it's position over the ground.

                              +1 on this. really windy here in the Welland Valley today but I was itching to fly and couldn't resist. The heli coped with the 25mph winds better than I did it just bounces pick it up set it down and try again! Love it just ordered four more packs!! and new main&tail blades but only as Bling!!!
                              Central Model Heli Club. #keeprchelisalive

                              ​Guinness World Record Pilot 2013!

                              sigpic thank you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X