Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First crash

    I had the first one today,and strangely the only damage was breaking both pins that hold the links on the pitch slider!
    So I need two pins,and dont fancy paying a tenner for a new slider,,I`ll try something else,,,,erm,,once I think of it!
    Logo 550 sx spirit
    Trex 500 spirit
    Trex 450 v bar
    Blade 180cfx
    Dx9
    Cellpro PL6
    coolice PSU

  • #2
    One is a pin one has a ball on it but you may be able to fudge that. I broke my pin so I drillied a little hole and superglued a short length of copper wire into it. Still working now. Small and fiddly job though.

    my error, just realised what pins you were referring to since I lost one.
    Last edited by Vikki; 27-09-2012, 03:53 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Vikki,the prospect of having to spend a tenner to get two tiny pins is scary,,I`ll manage a fudge of some sort,,,strange to break both pins though!!
      Logo 550 sx spirit
      Trex 500 spirit
      Trex 450 v bar
      Blade 180cfx
      Dx9
      Cellpro PL6
      coolice PSU

      Comment


      • #4
        It's one of the weakest points on it IMO. Mine broke after the second hover. My second one broke on its first hover after I replaced it.

        Comment


        • #5
          get a RKH one :P

          if u dinny fudge one up Bill i got ma old stock one here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Same here Bill,but I recommend the Microheli one.
            Let me know if you want my old slider and I'll post it to you.
            Dave
            Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
            GraupnerMZ24 PRO





            Comment


            • #7
              The joy of crashing RC helis. the thing you last expect to break will. Or the only part you dont have in stock will.
              My first crash on my 500 was a light roll over on take off half spooled up. Did more damage than when I tail planted it into the road at high speed.




              Goblin 700, Vbar Silverline, Savox SC-1267MG / SB-2272MG.Scorpion opto 130. Align 750mx /450kv
              Trex 500 EFL Pro, DFC, Vbar 5.3 Full Pro.
              CopterX 250 SE FBL, With Align upgrades and 3GX
              JR XG 7
              Mini CP, Heading for retirement.

              Comment


              • #8
                thanks for the kind offer guys,,I actually found one stuck to my sock!!!,,so I just have one to fudge,,I will CA them in this time.
                Logo 550 sx spirit
                Trex 500 spirit
                Trex 450 v bar
                Blade 180cfx
                Dx9
                Cellpro PL6
                coolice PSU

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorted thanks to an old style fuseClick image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	1872440
                  Logo 550 sx spirit
                  Trex 500 spirit
                  Trex 450 v bar
                  Blade 180cfx
                  Dx9
                  Cellpro PL6
                  coolice PSU

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by helimadness View Post
                    The joy of crashing RC helis. the thing you last expect to break will. Or the only part you dont have in stock will.
                    My first crash on my 500 was a light roll over on take off half spooled up. Did more damage than when I tail planted it into the road at high speed.
                    This is a basic law. If you buy enough spares or a second identical heli, nothing will break.
                    Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
                    Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
                    Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
                    Phoenix Sim

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Such is life,,you never lose your keys when you are staying in all day,,and you never lose the bank card when you have £50 in your pocket.
                      I remember in my teens,,go for girls and get none,,or go for drunk,and when you are some nice girl smiles.
                      A bit like getting drunk while fishing,,when you get a bite you either miss it cos your eyes are shut while singing frank sinatra,or youve nodded off.
                      Such is life eh!
                      Logo 550 sx spirit
                      Trex 500 spirit
                      Trex 450 v bar
                      Blade 180cfx
                      Dx9
                      Cellpro PL6
                      coolice PSU

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X