Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheapest ugrade batteries

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    the overlanders look interesting how much do they weigh?

    Comment


    • #17
      Ok, my understanding was that you can charge on a lower mah setting(for each battery), but not on a higher ampage . I charge six nanotech batteries for my mcpx on the standard charger which is nowhere near man enough for the job it just takes longer , which doesn't bother me in the slightest! So where is the cheapest place for the overlanders? In America?

      Comment


      • #18
        my outlander 450mAh 25C weights about 28g.

        upgrade the motor and u won't have to worry about a few grams here and there

        Comment


        • #19
          Can I have a definative answer on this? Can I use a parallel charge cable to charge 6 batteries on the standard 130x charger, I do so on the mcpx charger with 6 batteries, no problems at all. It does take a while, but Once I've flown the 6 packs in a row I'm in no rush to get back out.

          Comment


          • #20
            would imagine it would be fine then, why not invest in a 1/2 decent cheap charger?
            Last edited by n00by; 25-09-2012, 10:35 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Almost any lipo charger will be better than the standard 130 X charger. If you want to use the standard charger and you have plenty of time you might as well charge the packs one after another. If you charge 6 at a time with the standard charger it will take 6 times as long.
              I made up an adapter lead by cutting the plug off the 130 X battery and joining it to a jst female connector. I then put a jst connector on the battery. I will now be able to use nice cheap Turnigy batteries or any others with a jst connector as well as blade batteries (without the adapter of course).
              Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
              Foamy plank
              icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
              Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mike Sanders View Post
                Almost any lipo charger will be better than the standard 130 X charger. If you want to use the standard charger and you have plenty of time you might as well charge the packs one after another. If you charge 6 at a time with the standard charger it will take 6 times as long.
                I made up an adapter lead by cutting the plug off the 130 X battery and joining it to a jst female connector. I then put a jst connector on the battery. I will now be able to use nice cheap Turnigy batteries or any others with a jst connector as well as blade batteries (without the adapter of course).
                It's basically so that I dont end up walking back and forth plugging and unpugging batteries and I haven't got a lot of wonga to spend on a new charger and can't justify it if the original works fine.

                Comment


                • #23
                  hmmm wonder how its going to balance things up though thinking about it, might not be such a good idea.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Are you saying that because these are 2 cell batteries rather than the mcpx 1 cell? It works perfectly with 1 cell mcpx batteries. Local hobby shop also reckon it should work, but not to mix dissimilar batteries.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      yer it may make a difference but i don't really know was just a thought.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X