Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x canopy mounts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x canopy mounts

    So just received replacement canopy mounts (stock plastic) ones. *REALLY* tight fit. So tight in fact, that in pushing to get them in - bloody things broke again!

    S*d it!

    Rakonheli CNC mounts, here I come! (anyone know if they're in stock anywhere!?)
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'




  • #2
    Just dropped in to help you out

    Go to your local model shop and get a length of 1/16" brass rod.

    Cut some lengths off, 20mm is ideal.

    Get a 1.6mm drill and use a hand powered drill to open up the holes in the frame and the canopy holders to 1.6mm. By hand powered I'm thinking the pen type drill holder that you spin with your fingers. Maplin has them I think. Use a high speed drill and you risk melting the plastic.

    Press the brass rod into the frame hole and push the canopy holders on the stubs that poke out. The fit is reasonably firm.

    I hope this helps. I happened to have the brass rod lying around.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	1872410 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	1872411 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	1872412 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	1872413
    Last edited by Vikki; 24-09-2012, 02:50 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been out and got pics. In the post above now.

      Comment


      • #4
        PS. Nice to see you back ...
        Tom
        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
        .... and a Gaui X3
        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
        ... and two EGS'



        Comment


        • #5
          I'm on holiday. Wind stops play. Spotted a couple of posts I could help on so dropped in to do just that I'm not going to start any threads of my own as that's a slippery road for me. But spotting the odd post that cries for help, well, if I have a good answer I'll chip in

          Comment


          • #6
            Seeing the odd Vikki post makes me smile again
            That is a great cheap tip, personally i went for the easy bling option as i am also hooked on RKH and it costs about the same as the stock part

            CNC AL Canopy Mount Set (Silver) - Blade 130X
            SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

            Comment


            • #7
              Good to see you around Vikki
              Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

              SAB
              Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
              Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
              Trex 500 FBL /
              Beast X
              Futaba 8FG

              Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dogcow View Post
                Seeing the odd Vikki post makes me smile again
                That is a great cheap tip, personally i went for the easy bling option as i am also hooked on RKH and it costs about the same as the stock part

                CNC AL Canopy Mount Set (Silver) - Blade 130X
                Yeah, on reflection, I've done the same and pre-ordered from Kyle. Needed a new mainshaft for my mcpx anyhow and quite fancied the RKH carbon tail, so lumped it all together.

                Kyle assures me they'll arrive in stock today/tomorrow ;-) ... no pressure Kyle!

                T
                Tom
                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                .... and a Gaui X3
                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                ... and two EGS'



                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                  Kyle assures me they'll arrive in stock today/tomorrow ;-) ... no pressure Kyle!

                  T
                  Thats very optimistic, they only appeared on the RKH site last week. The RKH swash was up on the site for 3 days before they all went out of stock! If Kyle or any supplier in the UK does get ALL these parts by Christmas i would be impressed.
                  SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dogcow View Post
                    Thats very optimistic, they only appeared on the RKH site last week. The RKH swash was up on the site for 3 days before they all went out of stock! If Kyle or any supplier in the UK does get ALL these parts by Christmas i would be impressed.
                    I'll let you know if he lives up to his business name! ;-) I have faith!
                    Tom
                    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                    .... and a Gaui X3
                    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                    ... and two EGS'



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                      I'll let you know if he lives up to his business name! ;-) I have faith!
                      Kyle is very active on these forums, very helpful and full of good intentions. I was tempted with his £90 pre order offer on the Nano cpx! I simply think RKH is struggling with demand and honour their own direct website orders first.
                      Fingers crossed as it would be great to be able to order all these parts from the UK and receive it within a few days
                      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've got to give the man his due. Just received this email against my order of RKH canopy mounts (red). Kyle did promise me via PM that they were coming in today!

                        Your order has been updated to the following status:
                        Shipped


                        Happy days ....
                        Tom
                        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                        .... and a Gaui X3
                        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                        ... and two EGS'



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                          I'll let you know if he lives up to his business name! ;-) I have faith!
                          They have been shipped today!
                          Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
                          http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
                          Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
                          Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            woohoo looks like my swash was shipped today to

                            thx!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK i am impressed I stand corrected. You will now get them before me direct from RKH.
                              P.S. Don't look, but he has the RKH swash instock too!
                              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X