If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I have 2 130x. One has the rkh slider, the other has the microheli one. The geometry of the 2 are different. I would say the mh one is closest to the stock slider.
Nothing wrong with the rkh one, it just needs more setting up to get the tail working correctly
Steve
-------
Trex 500 ESP
Trex 450 Pro
Trex 250
Blade 130 x (2)
Brushless nano
I have 2 130x. One has the rkh slider, the other has the microheli one. The geometry of the 2 are different. I would say the mh one is closest to the stock slider.
Nothing wrong with the rkh one, it just needs more setting up to get the tail working correctly
I have the MH tail slider,tail grips and shaft,tailcase,delrin main gear and carbon boom struts bought direct from them in Vietnam.It took about 10 days to come but great value for money compared to UK prices.Just ordered the ally main grips and metal swash so hopefully should have them by next weekend.
Also ordered the metal bevel gear (massive difference) and blue/white canopy from the states and that took a week.
Got the titanium mainshaft from Midland Heli's.
Another very good upgrade are the orange o rings which I ordered from Rc-Hero.
Just waiting now for MH to do a Main Hub in ally and a set of delrin tail gears and maybe a carbon boom and skids
Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion GraupnerMZ24 PRO
On the stock 130x, the pitch arm needs to be parallel to the boom when servo is in the middle. In this position, the tail blades are almost at zero pitch
With the MH slider, this puts the tail blades in a very similar neutral position, meaning you have similar throws to the stock slider
On my rkh one, the tail blades are at a very different angle - meaning you have to either move the servo, or set the control rod so that the blades achieve this same angle. This then means the control arm is no longer parallel to the boom (which is how the HH videos suggest how this is set up)
Due to this fact, you get lots and lots of tail blowout with the rkh slider because in the default position, the blades don't have enough angle in one direction.
Steve
-------
Trex 500 ESP
Trex 450 Pro
Trex 250
Blade 130 x (2)
Brushless nano
Here's a photo. Bottom tail is rkh. See how tail blades have different angle at default position. Servo needs sliding along to put blades back at central position. This means control arm will no longer be parallel.
Looks like I'm up for a tail replacement. Limpy tumbled out of the sky so I hit throttle hold while he was still a few feet off the ground. Checked him over, popped the tail ball links back on and spooled him up. Spooling up nice then won't take off as power seems reduced. Check him over, ball links are off again. This happened twice more yet the ball links snapped on nicely. Last time I lost a pin holding a link so that vanished. A pin on the slide has gone. Considering going metal.
I see how the links popped off. Because the pin on the slider is missing it allows the sliding bit to tilt. This puts the ball link carrier at odds with the slider arm when the servo extends in the right direction. This clash stops the link carrier from turning but the blades still turn and that pops the links off the balls.
Fitted the Rakon tail slider and blade grips today.
I thought my 130X was stable pre the upgrades, (o-rings, metal A gear) but the Rakon upgrades have made such a difference, it feel like a different heli. 😄
Comment